How do you deal with telemarketers?

by Outaservice 35 Replies latest jw friends

• berylblue
    berylblue

I invite them over for sex.

• brinjen
    brinjen

I've heard that clip before. When I worked night shift in the supermarket, the duty manager had the audio clip on his mobile phone. Played it over the supermarket's PA a couple of times, customers weren't quite sure how to take it.

• maxwell
    maxwell

I have a cell phone now.

When I had a land line, I was on the Do Not Call list and I had caller ID to screen. Before that I would just say "no" and hang up.

There's a funny line in a Seinfeld episode. Jerry asks the telemarketer for their home phone number so he can call them back.

• lesterd
    lesterd

Cell phones are next, the numbers are being openned up to t-hellamarketers, find a greeting in Vietimize and use it when you answer.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I invite them over for sex.

Sooooo, what's your phone number? I just let everything go to voicemail and return the calls I'm interested in. W

• Gopher
    Gopher

One co-worker told me he always tells such marketers "I already have one of those" - no matter what it is. That seems to stop them in their tracks,then he hangs up.

• Casper
    Casper

We're also on the "Do Not Call" list...

for those that slip by... we have caller ID, and just ignore them.

Cas

• Forscher
    Forscher

Unless they really grab my attention with something I would consider looking further into, I simply hang up on them. It isn't often that one succeeds in grabbing my attention.

Forscher

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

As I said earlier, my calls mostly go to voicemail. The odd time a telemarketer gets me I tell them I have a policy of not conducting business over the phone unless I initiate the call. So far, not one has been willing to give me a callback number.

W

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

"Cease and desist calling here." "Take me off your dialer." "Do not call here again." Say again and again and then hang up!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit