Weather Channel Founder: Sue Al Gore to Expose Global Warming Fraud

by Deputy Dog 19 Replies latest social current

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Anyone see this? It was just on FOX news

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2008/03/04/weather-channel-founder-sue-al-gore-expose-global-warming-fraud

On Monday, while speaking at the 2008 International Conference on Climate Change being held in New York City, Coleman took his criticisms further by advocating that all those involved in the sale and marketing of carbon credits, including Al Gore, should be sued "to finally put some light on the fraud of global warming.”

• potentialJWconvertswife
    potentialJWconvertswife

If any of these b*stards that keep saying global warming is a myth were to visit South Texas in the middle of summer I think they would shut the h*ll up! Hello! Iceland will be non-existent in about 30 years!!!! Yes, Texas has always been hot in the summer, but it's worse now. And our winters can hardly be called that. Used to be it would snow in these parts every once in a blue moon...it's been about 25 years since that's happened.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I do not believe Global Warming is a myth. There is evidence all around us that the weather patterns are changing and both scientists and geologists have shown the earth is warming. For goodness sake, the sky is not even the same shade of blue that it was when I was a young child and I am only 39! Some areas do not even have a blue sky any longer. This is utter nonesense. Lilly

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    . For goodness sake, the sky is not even the same shade of blue that it was when I was a young child and I am only 39!

Your eyes are not the same as when you were a child now that you are 39.

• magoo
    magoo

.......since when has the earths atmosphere had a thermostat ? .......

magoo

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

I guess some of you didn't see this.

From http://www.dailytech.com/Temperature+Monitors+Report+Worldwide+Global+Cooling/article10866.htm

Temperature Monitors Report Widescale Global Cooling
    Michael Asher (Blog) - February 26, 2008 12:55 PM

UK’s Hadley Climate Research Unit Temperature anomaly (HadCRUT) Dr. Phil Jones:

hadcrut-jan08

World Temperatures according to the Hadley Center for Climate Prediction. Note the steep drop over the last year.

Twelve-month long drop in world temperatures wipes out a century of warming
    Over the past year, anecdotal evidence for a cooling planet has exploded. China has its coldest winter in 100 years. Baghdad sees its first snow in all recorded history. North America has the most snowcover in 50 years, with places like Wisconsin the highest since record-keeping began. Record levels of Antarctic sea ice, record cold in Minnesota, Texas, Florida, Mexico, Australia, Iran, Greece, South Africa, Greenland, Argentina, Chile -- the list goes on and on.

No more than anecdotal evidence, to be sure. But now, that evidence has been supplanted by hard scientific fact. All four major global temperature tracking outlets (Hadley, NASA's GISS, UAH, RSS) have released updated data. All show that over the past year, global temperatures have dropped precipitously. A compiled list of all the sources can be seen here. The total amount of cooling ranges from 0.65C up to 0.75C -- a value large enough to wipe out most of the warming recorded over the past 100 years. All in one year's time. For all four sources, it's the single fastest temperature change ever recorded, either up or down. Scientists quoted in a past DailyTech article link the cooling to reduced solar activity which they claim is a much larger driver of climate change than man-made greenhouse gases. The dramatic cooling seen in just 12 months time seems to bear that out. While the data doesn't itself disprove that carbon dioxide is acting to warm the planet, it does demonstrate clearly that more powerful factors are now cooling it. Let's hope those factors stop fast. Cold is more damaging than heat. The mean temperature of the planet is about 54 degrees. Humans -- and most of the crops and animals we depend on -- prefer a temperature closer to 70.

Historically, the warm periods such as the Medieval Climate Optimum were beneficial for civilization. Corresponding cooling events such as the Little Ice Age, though, were uniformly bad news.
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I seems such a pity that such an important issue as Global Warming is reduced (particularly in USA ) to a party political issue.

Conservatives think it a scam and want to ignore it . Note that this was heard on Foxnews. The news source "Newsbusters - exposing and combating Liberal media bias" - the conference was sponsored by the Heartland Institute who according to Sourcewatch

"Heartland .... supports "common-sense environmentalism", such as opposition to the the Kyoto protocol aimed at countering global warming and promoting genetically engineered crops and products; it supports the privatization of public services; it opposes tobacco control measure such as tobacco tax increases and denies the health effects of second-hand smoke"

Heartland receives big finance support from Phillip Morris and Exxon.

I do not know the nature of Global warming. I am sick of all the conflicting claims How is a person supposed to decide? In the UK politicians seem to view it as a good excuse to get away with putting up taxes on things considered "non green" . By the time it has passed by, the factions will still be arguing about it

• Forscher
    Forscher

World warming?

Since we've been coming out of an ice age since about the early mid-1800s it sure is. But is it caused by man? since the chief culprit is alleged to be man's use of carbon based fuels for the last thirty or forty year, I rather doubt it. And that is what the whole argument is about. The activists claim that man is solely responsible for the warming. "Skeptics" say the evidence doesn't really back that claim up.

That Weather Channel founder is a scientist who is more qualified than most of us to evaluate the evidence and his opinion shouldn't be taken lightly.

Forscher

• potentialJWconvertswife
    potentialJWconvertswife

I reject the idea that man has nothing to do with global warming. They have taken samples of the polar ice caps that PROVE that carbon emissions DO have everything to do with this. Thru the samples they can date the changes and when they occurred. Also, just because places had some cold this winter doesn't mean that isn't also part of the global warming phenomenon. The warming causes weather to go wacky: tidal waves, hurricanes, record drought and floods, record heat and cold. BTW, that reference to coldest temps on record in Texas- bullsh*t! If there have been, there have been any such days I challenge anyone to compare that with the number of days we've recorded record heat- I guarantee the heat is much more prevalent. I agree with Blues- it sucks that this has become a political argument, it shouldn't be.

• Forscher
    Forscher

How do you reconcile that with those same ice cores showing that elevations in CO2 usually follow elevations in global temperatures by an average of 800-1,000 years? It would appear that global warming causes rises in atmospheric CO2 rather than are caused by it. Quite the opposite cause and effect than alledged.

By the way, elevation of global temperatures preceded elevation of CO2 levels in our times since the increase in temperatures goes back to the mid-nineteenth century while the sharp rise in atmospheric CO2 only dates back a few decades.

Forscher

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit