Statements that will get you d'f...

by cognac 33 Replies latest jw friends

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I can't believe that I believed this bullshit for 30 years!

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

1.) I think that the suposed "two-witnesses" rule in the case of paedophiles is bull****. I mean what pervert would be stupid enough to commit such an evil act in the presence of a third-party observer?!?! No one is that stupid.

2.) I think that it might not be such a good idea to follow the orders of the faithful and discrete slave in medical matters. After all, there was a time in the past when organ transplants were considered as "cannabalism", but now they are viewed as permissible. And the society used to teach that getting vaccines could actually cause a person to contract a disease. So maybe it's not a good idea to heed the Socety's prohibition on blood. Maybe it's not a good idea to take the dietary taboos of a Bronze-Age tribe of semitic nomads, and apply these same taboos to twenty-first century medical science. It would only be after some 2,500 years these scriptures were written that scientists would develop the procedure of blood transfusion. And besides, doesn't Mosaic law itself state the saving of a life "trumps" all other concerns, the saving of a human life has precedence over all other laws.

• ninja
    ninja

I spoke to 2 elders who "kindly visited" me to help...(wasn't that nice)....they asked if I believed jesus came in 1914 and whether the org was the faithful and discreet slave?......I said no to both....told them they had doctored the watchtower...told them they admitted they were false prophets in court....asked ronnie hunter (everybody in scotland knows him) if he followed men or god?.... and asked if he would've taken a transplant when the society banned it?....when they allowed it again?.....was that god or men who changed their mind??.....told them I didn't care if they d'fed me.............and I'm still not disfellowshipped......bring it on ya bunch of liars whenever you want to visit again....I have more knowledge and ammo than back then.....yours faithfully........da ninja

• cognac
    cognac
    and asked if he would've taken a transplant when the society banned it?....when they allowed it again?.....was that god or men who changed their mind??.....

Good point...

• watson
    watson

I'll take mine medium rare, and go slow.

• chickpea
    chickpea
    Statements that will get you d'f...

go pound salt, wankers.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

The Bible is a book for individuals to interpret, as the Holy Spirit reveals the truth to them. Lilly

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

The GB is does not represent the FDS. Nor does it speak for the entire annointed.

NMG

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

This following simple converstion got me in trouble during a bible study I was on with a pioneer..

JW: So JWs have the truth and we understand the Bible better than everyone else ...

Bible Study: So do the JWs understand everything in the Bible?

JW: Yes we understand everything in the Bible.

Me: Well not Everything.

JW:Well yes, everything.

Me: Well how do you explain Hebrew 9:27 for what it just says...

JW: Blank stare and looking at me with anger...totally unprepared and embarrassed.........Two days later elders talked to me and asked me what exactly I thought i was doing

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

"Do you REALLY think it would take 2,000 years for a guy to show up when he said he was 'coming quickly'? Wouldn't we all sort of look at our collective watches and conclude he ain't gonna show?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit