by JK666 53 Replies latest social entertainment

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

JK-F1 is cool but the best racing is MOTO GP

Go Rossi !!!

• JK666
    JK666

Ooooooooooooh nc,

We will have one this year in Indianapolis! Moto GP is cool! I like Capirossi.

JK

• JK666
    JK666

Or Xaus, I am a Duck fan.

JK

• JK666
    JK666

My last crotch rocket:

JK

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

JK

Yes, I did notice when I reread my post that you might pick up on that point.

I have also been a F1 Fan from way back. I’m talking about the times of James Hunt and the to-do’s that he used to have with Niki Lauda (oddly enough in a f’n Ferrari).

Haven’t been to a GP for ages. Used to go as a kid being my uncle used to compete in the GP’s himself (Bikes not cars) and we used to get in free, paddock tickets as well. He did the sidecar GP and won Silverstone in 1980 and was 3rd in 1983 when I was there. Great memories….What ticks me off is the fact that I was just about doing well at racing myself the year I though I would go back and preach the "end of the world". What an idiot….

NASCAR…..?? I thought that Indycar racing was the next big thing in the US…..

I agree that F1 should be in the US. I think that Bernie is also a money grabbing sh*t. It is touch and go if the British GP might be axed as well because of that tosser. Hot daughter mind….

PS. Red or not, you are always welcome to stay……..

• JK666
    JK666

Thank you Mr. M.,

It sounds like we have decades of notes to discuss. I think Colin Chapman, Ken Tyrell, and Bruce McLaren were great men, BTW.

JK

And James Hunt, that party boy! He had bigger stones than Niki to finish that Japanese GP for the championship. Crazy, but brave!

• JK666
    JK666

Mr. M.,

The Indycar-CART battle in the states has almost killed open wheel racing here. Tony George is to U.S. racing what Bernie is to yours.

JK

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

Moto GP’s

I’m looking forward to seeing how James Toseland is going to do after winning the Superbikes. But you do have to take your hat off to Rossi.

Much better racing than F1 anyday. Saying that I am a huge AMA Supercross fan. Must go and see one of them one day.

JK I’ll trade you diggs. You here for the GP, and me any Motocross near you…….

• JK666
    JK666

Mr. M.,

I am about 2 hours from the track. Give me the word, and you have lodging and a ride to the track. If you have never seen the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, you need to. It has the most seating of any sport venue in the world. Huge!

JK

JK

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

And James Hunt, that party boy! He had bigger stones than Niki to finish that Japanese GP for the championship. Crazy, but brave!

JK

Yeah, for me James Hunt was my childhood hero. There were no bones about him and like you say, to go out in the Japanese GP was something else. I didn’t like him winning without Niki going out as well but the interesting fact about James in that race that a few people don’t know is that the bob on the top of his gear stick had come off, leaving only the tread, and this cut straight through his glove and his hand. For a lot of the race he was changing gear using a wound that Jesus would have been proud of…..

The other thing I loved about him was how he just didn’t conform to what the establishment wanted. He would go about in jeans and a tee-shirt when it was an event that required a more classy attire. And although he didn’t look it, he was a very good all round sportsman, good at nearly everything he chose to do.

But I think that the spirit of the chap was shown when he attempted to save Ronnie Peterson from his burning car. I remember watching that. I think that he got a Knight hood for it but I might be wrong.

Talking of Niki and the US GP. I am sure that he won it in the US in 75…??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit