why did the "demons" only go after those "strongin the truth"

by looloo 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

If demons only go after the strong why did my ex-wife tell me that I have demons flying though my head? I am the antithesis of someone with strong faith.

• Scully
    Scully

I think the rationale for Demons™ attacking only the ones that were Strong In The Truth™ was that those were the ones that hadn't been "got" yet. If you were slackers with Field Service™ and Meeting Attendance™, you were already giving in to the Demons­™.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

my personal experience was that the more vivid an imagination a person had, the more likely to be attacked by demons. Also, the more self-righteous a person was, the more likely to be persecuted. Poor things. What a life. Fortunately I am a really bad apostate, evil wicked mean and nasty. No demons bother me at all.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I never had any demon trouble. Even when I was in the world, I sat in on a hypnosis demonstration and was the only one that could not be hypnotized. I had books on witchcraft and spiritism, but could not make any of it work.

As a witless, I fell for it the old fashioned way: as a common scam. They made promises that they volitionally broke, as well as the standard promise of living forever if I followed the rules. Being that they never succeeded in hypnotizing me, I never had any problems with the demons.

When I was in the process of fading, I did all I could to bring in the demons so I could turn them loose on the whole congregation of witlesses and sabotage the preaching work. I bought music that worshiped the devil. One year, instead of going to the Crapmorial, I bought a Ouija board and as many rap CDs as I could get my hands on. I bought into a book by a "secret society" (yes, the famous airmail letter one), and learned that the whole demon possession could not happen unless you are hypnotized to believing in getting possessed.

One thing I learned from that "secret society" is that I have no chance of being possessed or attacked by a demon. It is all in your right brain, a post hypnotic suggestion. Those who are strongest avail themselves of more chances to be hypnotized, and those who are more suggestionable are easier to hypnotize. Now I know that, since I could not be hypnotized by those witlesses and I now know the secret, I am totally safe from those pesky demons. In fact, I still have the Ouija board, access to those satanic apostate web sites, "demonized" Christmas decorations, Devil worship music, and I have not been to the Kingdumb Hell in almost 3 years. And no demon possession.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Because they are the tastiest.

• jstalin
    jstalin

It's sorta like The Force. You can "feel" the ones who are strong in the force. I suppose it's the same for demons.

• BFD
    BFD

I am the only one in my family of 7 that never had a demon encounter. That includes my dad who was never a JW!

Maybe I'm possessed?

BFD

• aqaurian.mel
    aqaurian.mel

oh, the demon stories used to freak me out so bad when I was a kid, I couldn't sleep. We went on a call to this house that was out in the woods, lots of junk lying around, very unkempt people. My dad ended up buying a second hand rocking chair from them for my new brother. A few weeks later he was out in the garage chopping the thing apart with an ax because he had heard from some brothers that these people had been talking with demons. I was only 6 years old and didn't know any better and it scared the shit out of me. I didn't go in the garage for years after that without someone with me! MEL

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

One brother/elder in our congo could sense the presence of demons just about everywhere he went. He was admired for it even and was considered to be very "strong" in the truth. He was actually a very controlling, uptight and paranoid individual. I remember a few of us going into an artsy coffee shop one day (a nice place) and then leaving right away because brother/elder sensed the presence of the demons there. I actually thought it was a peaceful place with great atmosphere. Like I said, we all followed his lead thinking that he had some special insight, so we left--probably ended up a McDonalds. I don't think he felt the demons there.

He was crazy, but we were all crazy too for going along with his craziness.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder if we could exploit it if they call on us. When they start pushing us to return, that's when we pray to Satan to send some demons to drive them away so they will not continue hounding us. I bet they would run away like crazy. It would help if we have a Ouija board with us.

Aside the panic and that we would likely be permanently marked with a big fat "X" on the territory map, that would do no harm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit