Watchtower Comments (3.10.08 Be Guided) FEATURING DON CAMERON

by V 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

First, I wonder why the Watchtower Society would be wasting so much time describing the arrangement (at that, false) if there are much more important things to be teaching to prepare people for survival. If I was in a real crisis, I would want to know exactly what to do and not hear the details about the sources (which would be a total waste of time when I need quick instructions that are not confusing).

Second, for a religion that calls itself "the truth", they sure know how to lie. Just this past May, they told us that the anointed have no special privileges. Now, where do they expect people to have such short memories that they can forget about that and believe the crap about the anointed being specially privileged so soon after saying that they are not.

Third, about that comment about Satan using discouragement to turn people off, that is eerily similar to that April 1, 1995 Puketower study article that ultimately led to my turning apostate. I wonder if they are going to use that in the near future to get sisters to reject single brothers at big boasting sessions, for the purpose of dragging them into the Value Destroyer Training School and to get them to pioneer. And, they are going to need it to back up the poverty and stagnation caused by not going to college or preparing for careers that could support them properly.

We really need 10 paragraphs to tell us that "the anointed lead the other sheep"? Besides that it is a blatant lie (compare the May 1, 2007 article), it is a total waste of time to study an article that just tells us that we are in subjection to that group. I could give the condensed version in one sentence: "We are in subjection to the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger, which is the Governing Body of men in Brooklyn, NY".

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Excellent comments on the first two paragraphs. I especially loved this one from para. 2:

Many former Witnesses have come to realize that these men have gone so far out of balance that they treat the rest of Jehovah’s Witnesses (anointed and non-anointed) as if they belong to them rather than to Christ.
  • hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Don Adams was appointed to the Gibbering Buddy in 2000. Although this WT comments says he is not annointed, a more recent Witchtower said that "all of the Governing Body are Annointed Christians,"

He must have been called to replace one of the others that died after 2000!! Thus he adds one to the 109, 330 new partakers of the emblems since 1935. (See my threads for 1st and 2d January, and how I arrived at the figures.)

HB

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Could all this overstatement of the role of the 'anointed' be purposeful to another agenda? - That of making the increase in partakers seem part and parcel of the plan Jehovah has to 'care for the sheep'? Can they actually find a way to turn this around and make it positive in this way? Just a random thought.

Thanx V and Don for the review. Well done.

Jeff

• blondie
    blondie

Don Adams was not appointed to the Governing Body, by he was put in charge of a WT Corporation as a president. There are many jws now on these corporations and it is not required that one be anointed. The WTS made a special effort to separate the GB from the corporation part of the WTS in 2000.

http://www.freeminds.org/bethel/gov_body.htm

http://www.watchtowernews.org/reorganization.htm

• M.J.
    M.J.

Thanks Don and V! Excellent !!!

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Fantastic comments!

Hope you will come back and do another comments Don!

Really liked the way you showed the language used to reinforce the concept, and put it in plain terms, to show the real meaning. Of course for those of us that have broken free and no longer see the GB as Jesus appointed slave, its easier to cut through the statements, but I hope some active JW's who have read this will be awakened and can take their first brave steps, to reality.

CS 101

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Your getting so good at these ! This one I really like!

alt

hope4others

• watson
    watson

This is a very powerful Watchtower Comments, and the best video yet. Humble opinion.

Watson

• blondie
    blondie

Paragraph 1

If the WTS was "faithful" in the inspection of 1918, why had they compromised by taking out a portion of the Finished Mystery book which had been banned, why were they teaching that Christ's presence began in 1874 (not 1914), why were they using the cross, celebrating birthdays and Christmas, using pyramidology in their prophecies, teaching that the literal Jews were part of the restoration prophecies, teaching that the end would come in 1914, 1920, 1925?

"other worshippers of Jehovah here on earth"--only jws (Where's Jesus?--not known as Christians, followers of Christ?)

Paragraph 2

"includes a great crowd"--in 1918 the WTS was teaching that this was a secondary group in heaven

Paragraph 3

Could the other sheep merely be Gentile Christians who started being baptized in 36 CE?

Can jws in the "earthly" class explain how their being declared righteous is different from the anointed Christians; can they find anything in the Bible that says their status is different? If exercising faith in Jesus' sacrifice is the requirement, why are jws rewarded differently as 2 different groups?

Paragraph 4

"as a group"--this implies that individuals will die and jws have no assurance that any one of them will avoid death at Armageddon.

"not independent...willing to serve"--God and Jesus or a human organization the WTS?

Paragraph 5

"anointed Christians are now few in number"--but increasing each year, 374 to 9105 last year. How many more this year on 3/22?

"100,000 Christian congregations"--only jws

"millions of Christians"--only jws are "true" Christians per the WTS

Paragraph 6

"willing support given to anointed Christians"--not supporting them is the same as not supporting God per the WTS

"Christians today walk behind the anointed slave class"--yes are all equal before God but not among humans per the WTS

"willingly and wholeheartedly"--I get the impression that the GC are not being willing enough based on the "obedient" terms in this article

Paragraph 7

"foundation of the new human society" only jws

Each Christian--only jws

"displaying loyalty now"--To God and Christ or the WTS? Did Jesus encourage loyalty to the religious leaders in his day or did the scriptures take first place? Made the Word of God invalid with their traditions.........

Paragraph 8

"prove their faith"--to God or the WTS?

"support...willingly submit...to"--to the WTS

Paragraph 9

"support anointed"

Paragraph 10

Only the elders get the play the imperfection card:

*** w07 4/15 p. 27 par. 11 Let the Congregation Be Built Up ***Granted, the local elders were imperfect men
    *** w79 2/15 p. 25 par. 18 Traveling Overseers Bring Benefits Today ***Due to human imperfections, elders or ministerial servants may occasionally have some problems among themselves

*** w00 6/15 p. 16 par. 16 Honor the Ones Given Authority Over You ***Congregation elders are appointed by holy spirit, yet they are still imperfect and make mistakes

"preserve the great crowd alive through the great tribulation"--but only "as a group"

Paragraph 11

"use apostates...that the teachings we follow are false"--I learned that from their own publications, starting with their teaching that 1874 was the presence of Christ not as they now teach, 1914. Yet, they lied and said that had "consistently" taught 1914.

*** w93 1/15 p. 5 ‘Caught Away to Meet the Lord’—How? ***This has been true of the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ. TheWatchtower has consistently presented evidence to honesthearted students of Bible prophecy that Jesus’ presence in heavenly Kingdom power began in 1914. Events since that year testify to Jesus’ invisible presence. (Matthew 24:3-14)
    *** jv chap. 28 p. 632 Testing and Sifting From Within ***Based on the premise that events of the first century might find parallels in related events later, they also concluded that if Jesus’ baptism and anointing in the autumn of 29 C.E. paralleled the beginning of an invisible presence in 1874, then his riding into Jerusalem as King in the spring of 33 C.E. would point to the spring of 1878 as the time when he would assume his power as heavenly King.
    *** sl (Salvation) chap. 16 p. 287 par. 12 Awaiting the "New Heavens and a New Earth" ***According to an inaccurate chronology that had been worked out from the King James Authorized Version Bible, Russell calculated that Christ’s "presence" had begun in the year 1874 C.E., unseen to human eyes and seen only by the eye of faith. This was why, when he began publishing a new religious magazine in defense of the ransom sacrifice of Jesus Christ, Russell entitled it "Zion’s Watch Tower and Herald of Christ’s Presence."

"slowed down the preaching work"--so what is the persecution in countries that have posted 0 growth in Europe?

Paragraph 12

"giving up...feel like a failure"--with the DO MORE chant at the KH and the ineffective D2D procedure, jws are slowing down and inventing hours or spending time driving around the area calling when people are known not to be home.

"In-depth Bible study"--but heavens don't give the comment at the meetings and take up valuable time. "fervent prayer" like the canned prayers at the meetings?

"Avoid time-consuming distractions"--like higher education, video games, movies, TV, dinner with friends, snowmobiles, skiing, skating, biking, board games, playing music other than "kingdom" songs, mowing lawn (get an apartment and let landlord do it), washing car (take the bus and sell the car), etc.

"focus on helping others"--only nonjws so you can count your time; don't be helping people at the KH, let the elders do that, oh, that's right they're too busy going D2D.

Paragraph 13

"After Armageddon, multitudes of unrighteous resurrected ones"--but not the 6.5 billion nonjws who die at Armageddon, including minor children, they die eternally, no hope of a resurrection. I wonder what sin a 3-year-old could commit to deserve eternal destruction?

Paragraph 14

"Faithful servants of Jehovah"--those jws who don't survive Armageddon "in the group"

"willingness"--to obey God or the WTS?

Paragraph 15

Questions for the resurrected ones--yet jws today have no questions or interest in many jws already going to the KH today.

"Personal details about Jesus" but not about their "brothers and sisters" on earth right now.

Paragraph 16

"scrolls will be opened"--and how will that information be conveyed? Will God put it in the mind of the "faithful" jws on earth? How will they prove that these came from God. It reminds me of the tablets that Joseph Smith said he received from an angel that the Book of Mormon is based on. Will the WTS publications take on the aura of the holy scriptures?

Note that all those who died at Armageddon will have have an individual witness, yet descend into eternal destruction. Yet over 20 million who died before Armageddon, get 1,000 years to change and get life.

*** w00 1/15 p. 13 par. 17 "Keep on the Watch" ***Nevertheless, the Bible does not state that Jehovah will wait until every individual on earth has received a personal witness. Rather, the good news must be preached to Jehovah’s satisfaction. Then the end will come.—Compare Matthew 10:23.

Paragraph 17,18

"Anointed Christians today, having been counted worthy"--actually "declared righteous" which the GC has not been, yet, per the WTS. How is it that it takes 1,000 years for other humans to be counted worthy or everlasting life, but in the twinkle of an eye, the anointed are suddenly perfect, immortal, and ruling in heaven as spirit kings?

The WTS teaches that without the anointed jws (WTS) the GC have no standing or future.

"support wholeheartedly God's arrangements"--means doing everything the WTS says, willingly and without complaint. This is the real picture, you don't go through Christ, the GB/FDS/WTS comes first.

God

Jesus

GB/FDS/WTS

humans on earth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit