Do you believe in God or not? Vote now :)

by outofthebox 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Woooo! Canada kicks ass!

Your country Total Yes No
    Canada 1108 35% 65%

• mouthy
    mouthy

I find this comment interesting, and I would like some clarification: Do you think the world would be a better place if everyone, or nearly everyone, believed in god?
    I believe the world would be a better place if we had more LOVE!!!! Not the word love, like the one night stand says they have, or the druggie who loves his crack, or the phedifiles (sp sorry)who love the little ones, that is not the love I am thinking would make us better, I know Atheists who love more than some christians I know ( they say they are Christians) It is a real caring for others , maybe it is just me, but I have lived a long life, in the bombing in England I saw people risk their lives for others, ( I know some still do today) but would you not agree that most in to days world folks use the saying "God looks after those who look after themselves " ( no it is not in scripture) Maybe that doesnt answer your Question, but I find todays people really dont care about others in the main... Sorry ....

• Gopher
    Gopher
    Maybe that doesnt answer your Question, but I find todays people really dont care about others in the main... Sorry ....

No need to apologize Mouthy, you DO care about others and it shows.

I happen to be a non-believer who finds beauty in humanity and warmth and caring. I know there's too much hatred and anger as well. I think believers and non-believers alike have their share of people who are helpful and do what's right because they love people.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks Gopher

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

I agree with inkling that because so few participated that this isn't a true representation of peoples beliefs/non beliefs.

My answer is yes, I believe in God: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNqw2ssYXC8&mode=related&search=

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

If there is a God, he should be able to function whether I believe in him or not.

I still think I am agnostic, as in I dont know. Which court are we going to try him in civil or criminal?

I do know that if there is a God. If there is a God, I dont care for the way he operates.

And since I havent taken out a pencil and papper and done the math, I cant say what the score is today.

I am still researching, maybe till the day I die.

I guesstimate that the score is I see 50% evidence that there is no God.

And I see 50% evidence that there is a God.

I've read half way through the God Delusion this week by Richard Dawkins and I am still stuck at 50/ 50 based on other things I have read in the past.

In Florida, in a court of law to decide a matter civilily, a perponderance of the evidence is sufficient. A perponderance of the evidence is 51% vs 49%

To send someone to the Electric chair or a similar fate the degree is beyond a reasonable doubt. You might have the scale tipped at 80% or more that a person is guilty, but in that space of the 20% you may have a doubt and if a jury has doubt they are instructed to vote accordingly, not guilty.

It would be easier to find that there is no God in a civil court than it would be to find there is no God in a criminal court.

• inkling
    inkling
    I've read half way through the God Delusion this week by Richard Dawkins and I am still stuck at 50/ 50

Half way through, 50/50 chance...

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

granny grace - you are so right - more real love.

• Xrati
    Xrati
    Personally, I do believe in God & that he exist, I just do not presently have any kind of relationship with him. by babygirl75

That is understandable. After I disassociated myself from the org, I used to think that I didn't have to concern myself with God because what was important was "the now." After all, he wasn't talking back to me.

Going to the topic, yes, I believe in "God." He's us (Jesus). Got it?

Know All Men By These Presents:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8eigkwmMEo

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

You present the question in a yes/nor format. I believe that is a mistake. Like you, I was taught about god in a very constricted format. So, I do not believe in the god that was taught to me since childhood by the real estate development cult I associated with.

I do believe in a higher power. However, I consider myself agnostic primarily because I do not believe that god cares individuals or even generations of individuals.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit