Do you believe in God or not? Vote now :)

by outofthebox 21 Replies latest jw friends

• outofthebox
  • mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks ..Not surprising in this day & age. Considering how the world is going...

• inkling
    inkling
    Not surprising in this day & age. Considering how the world is going...

I find this comment interesting, and I would like some clarification: Do you think the world would be a better place if everyone, or nearly everyone, believed in god? [inkling]

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If a God has to have all three of these characteristics (omnipotent, omniscient, and maximally benevolent), then no.

If a God only needs to be omnipotent and/or omniscient but could be maximally malevolent, yes.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I do - not in the conventional way - I'm stuck in the minority again.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Yes.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I guess it depends on what area of the country they ask the question, but not looking to good for belief in god. Yes, I do believe in god but not in organized religion anymore. hope4ohers

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Wow...I'm surprised the # for those believing in the US was not higher than those who do not believe. Especially with all those that proclaim to be Christian here.

Personally, I do believe in God & that he exist, I just do not presently have any kind of relationship with him.

• JH
    JH

I was surprised to see how few in Canada believe in God. It seems as if the poorer the country, the more they believe in God.

• inkling
    inkling

Ok guys, I hate to ruin the party, but this survey is nearly worthless (at least at the moment)

You seriously think you can make assumtions about the state of American's belief in god
    from a sample size of 5790?

Sample size from canada: 1000 people?

We want to know what the 1.3 BILLION people living in China believe, so we ask 37 of them? This is a joke.

Add to this the fact that you are only sampling Internet users, in a non controlled web-based
    poll, and the statistical significance of these numbers quickly fades to zero.

[inkling]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit