and my beard is bad because...

by Priest73 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Priest73
  • free2think
    free2think

It says page not found

• Priest73
    Priest73

really? its a scan of the latest memorial invitation. it came in the mail today. crazy.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I get the scan. Is that the whole invite? (besides the back- details of where and when?)

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Do we need ever more masochistic religious imagery? Didn't The Passion kinda sum it all up?

Seriously, every time a father goes into a coal mine to bring home money for food for his kids, every time a mother gathers up her kids and runs to a shelter from an abusive relationship, etc., ad infinitum, we see love in action. Yet the WTS can only offer an image of something 2,000 years old to model the power of love today...

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Ironic.

When will the WTS catch up with modern standards. Beards, suit and ties, no trousers for women. I work in a highly corporate environment and used to get teased for wearing a tie to work. Almost no one wears a tie anymore, and most women now wear trousers to work in corporate Sydney. If the WTS wasn't such a high control cult it would allow its members to make their own mind up as to what is appropriate meeting attire in the community in which they live.

• dinah
    dinah

Priest, you got an invitation in the mail?? They usually show up on my doorstep trying to guilt me into coming back. Last year I told them I just didn't believe it anymore and that had I not been raised in it, I would have never CHOSE to join up.

Rant over.

Couldn't see the link about the beard. Did they show Jeesus with a beard?

• Priest73
    Priest73

it was nutz. had written invite. I can scan the other side if you'd like.

• dinah
    dinah

Naw Priest, that pic was enough to cause flashbacks.

So Jesus can have a beard (which he really did!) but you can't. That would be because in corporate America in the 70's you were supposed to be clean-shaven. Their refusal to keep up with the times is showing. They keep up with corporate America in making profits though.

Your beard looks nice and it suits your face and personality.

• free2think
    free2think

It's still not showing for me, oh well. So you gonna go?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit