do you think that the jws that check out this site are affected ?

by looloo 20 Replies latest jw friends

• looloo
    looloo

obviously some of you were , but some topics i notice get huge amouts of folk reading them but not replying , i think that had i had internet access years ago and read some of these threads i wouldnt have lasted another week at kingdom hall , and yet i still imagine going to sit in the hall during a meeting so i could see what its like listening to a talk without a programmed mind and knowing that its a sign of a cult if your friends and family warn you its a cult but the cult tells you its just satan trying to get you out "the truth"!

• lookingnow25
    lookingnow25

I was.

• mouthy
    mouthy

When I was picketing Brooklyn Bethel.. around the back of the building ( away from prying eyes) one of the Brothers? told me he reads the internet where tha Apostates are. So they are reading this sight I am sure .

• flipper
    flipper

LOOLOO- I think , from what I've seen of my relatives still in the witnesses - that if they personally have experienced injustice at the hands of the elders , or gone through unloving treatment personally , then looking at these sites can reaffirm what they are going through and if they read enough, yes , it can and has helped some escape the witness cult.

That being said, if witnesses have not gone through anything personally earth shattering while still in - they will continue to go along with the " mind control" being handed down from the Watchtower soiety. Just my two cents from what I've noticed

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde
    from what I've seen of my relatives still in the witnesses - that if they personally have experienced injustice at the hands of the elders , or gone through unloving treatment personally , then looking at these sites can reaffirm what they are going through and if they read enough, yes , it can and has helped some escape the witness cult.

That being said, if witnesses have not gone through anything personally earth shattering while still in - they will continue to go along with the " mind control" being handed down from the Watchtower soiety.

I agree with that. Until it affected me, I didn't realize how wicked this cult is. I find it hard to understand how any "WT spies" could monitor this site and not be affected themselves by what they read.

• real one
    real one

I hope they are so here is a message to them, I hope the God of Isaac, Abraham, and Jacob takes his revenge out on you soon!

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

They can read through a whole lot of material showing how JWs are wrong, but it will only take one word out of place from us that they can latch on to in order for them to say "Yeah, that's what I thought - those apostates are crazy liers".

There has to exist a doubt there already, so that they're willing to dig a little deeper even with the racier topics displayed (or a misquote or typo here and there). Then again, 'apostates' are not one big coherent group of people with coinciding views, and the very fact that we have left the religion means we should feel free to post topics that will seem shocking to a devout JW (doesn't take much anyway). If they're willing to dig, then it should have a big impact.

• shell69
    shell69

If theyre reading here, then we have the chance to open their eyes.

They would be unless they were curious/ or or spy's for big brother.

Either way. we're winners because we're free!

Shell69

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    I hope they are so here is a message to them, I hope the God of Isaac, Abraham, and Jacob takes his revenge out on you soon!

Yikes! Please, I'm curious, could you describe what you mean by "revenge", and in plain English, without scriptural references or euphemistic language? Just spell it out?

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly

Yes for sure! I have just recently found out that my sister has been in and out of anti JW sites now for the past two years. I had never brought up my involvement due to worry that because she hadn't officially said she didn't believe in the religion that she would stop talking to me due to my apostate site involvement.

One evening not to long ago, we had a sister bonding night and got talking about various things, I bravely brought up the UN thing about the religion, and that started a whole new conversation, as she said.. omg.. yes I already knew that. Then she went on to tell me all that she had read, and learned. Although we had always been close before, this evening of conversation brought us even closer.

My sister has been more or less inactive for quite a few years now, and it was from her reading these factual topics that helped her move on. So yes, even though many may not respond to posts, they are reading and evaluating the topics they are reading.

LTF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit