BIG NEWS - UK Gov't to Stop Watchtower Blood Teaching?

by skeeter1 50 Replies latest watchtower medical

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Did they not move their printing activities from France to UK for tax reasons?

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Did they not move their printing activities from France to UK for tax reasons?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Did they not move their printing activities from France to UK for tax reasons? Correct - the UK was seen as having generous tax laws

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

The article states that the UK government will invalidate the charity status if the religion encourages the public to forego medical treatments.

There are two Watchtowers, one for public consumption and one for private-JW only distribution. I think this is the Watchtower's way of trying to circumvent the UK government. Put the anti-blood information in the private-JW only Watchtower.

But, this will not work. The JWs preach from door to door to get a bible student. Once a study starts, the bible student is not an official JW. But, before the bible student becomes a JW, he/she must accept the no-blood teaching. This is publicly teaching the no blood issue to the public.

Plus, the JWs are very vocal in the news press about theri blood position. They will have to change their statements to the press, else the Charity Commission could take it as public encouragement to stop medical treatment.

I think this new move by the UK government is in response to the woman who died late last year after refusing a blood transfusion after giving birth. It is also in response to the Ireland case that's on-going.

In short, the Watchtower's legal department is spending a lot of time on the blood issue. Sextuplets, Lawrence Hughes, Canada Supreme Court, Ireland, Seattle Lindberg teenage boy. The legal department is the pawn for the Governing Body. They are busting at the seams with work. The Governing Body no longer thinks blood is sacred - allow 100% of whole blood by the use of "current therapy" and 100% of blood (in fraction form), But, the Governing Body has the legal department trying to "punt" to keep up appearances that they have not changed their policy. The legal department needs to tell the Governing Body that there needs to be "New Light" on blood. I can see the statement now, "While True Christians have, in the past, rejected all blood, it is for each Christian to personally decide."

Skeeter

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

What should I call the thread? If I put a fluff title, then I will get alot of readers. While fluff is nice & fun & something we didn't get to do much of as JWs.....

I thought this was BIG NEWS, as it's what Dansk has been working on for months.

Skeeter

• VM44
    VM44

A spokesman for the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society in the UK said: “There is no evidence that our view on blood causes any damage.”

That is a very uncaring thing for him to have said.

It shows exactly just how much concern The Watchtower has for people.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I gotta mark this one for more research. Thanks.

Would their charity status also be affected by the pedophile cases?

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    Would their charity status also be affected by the pedophile cases?

Probably not the retrospective cases, but the law passed last year requires that any authority figure has to have a CRB check or they could have their charitable status removed.

An authority figure is classed as anyone who a child or vulnerable person 'looks up to' and could come into contact with - so that could be elders, ministerial servants etc - even the guys with the microphone duties! If every hall hasn't done this they could be in big trouble.

• choosing life
    choosing life

I've always believed their fraction policy is an attempt to mitigate damages as the governments and changing laws catch up with them. I am sure they know these things are in the works long before they appear in the news.

Hopefully, it will cause them to abandon the blood policy all together.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

To say their doctrine does not refer to the general public is wrong!

JWs are given free reign to go door to door advertising all positive aspects of their 'brainwashed ' faith and no 'warnings' are imposed upon their advertising themselves and omitting ALL negatives that lie in wait for ANY who are unable to walk their talk for LIFE!

They will shunn you for LIFE! And mush of what ails you will not transpire till they have you wired to their WT dialysis - never to use your own brain cells again!

And they will relentlessly cold sell many 'green' newbies every year and they know it!

Some mothers have let their own children die in the past and are not now JWs! Making a 'choice' of WT hypnosis they now despise!

Something needs addressing in ways which clearly warn others of the pitfalls on leaving their regime! Some statutory educational venereal disease of the mind with its syphillic after effects needs telling to any who venture into it!

Surely JWs are humane enough to care about those who do not rise to their divine levels of humanity! Or do they quietly, truly despise such ones and harbor secret values wishing it upon them as their literature suggests with its talk of how they have been seduced by satan?

Do they really care enough to warn unsuspecting recruits of the pitfalls of their own making?

Is agape love really amongst them?

How free thinking are they really about their own truths?

They will damage families and individuals with their indoctrination! Do they care enough to spell it out to would be innocents?

Is love really their God? Or does it lie in a printing press?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit