boycott Ebay due to their bad policies

by reneef 37 Replies latest jw friends

• RR
    RR

Are there alternatives to ebay? Can somer one list them.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Didn't mean to appear rude.

Found this on ebay:

• reneef
    reneef

Go to the Ebay discussion boards on Ebay. Go see the posts on the Feedback board, for instance.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Hi. I haven't got to welcome you to JWD yet.

I've been an Ebayer for many years, selling $1000$$$ per month, and have heard nothing about this. I've contacted Ebay to find out what's up, and will post their reply.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Hi. I haven't got to welcome you to JWD yet. Welcome!!!

I've been an Ebayer for many years, selling $1000$$$ per month, and have heard nothing about this. I've contacted Ebay to find out what's up, and will post their reply.

• rekless
    rekless
    C'mon people, escaping the WTS should make you LESS gullible. The exclamation points, poor grammar, bizarre comparison (EBay compared to Enron?? How??), and overall panicky personality make me believe that the whole thing is probably made up or at least severely exaggerated.

C'mon people, escaping the WTS should make you LESS gullible. The exclamation points,

I realize that poor grammar, and bizarre comparison often makes one appear to be ignorant, but maybe the announcement was typed in a dimm room and the keyboard is worn out, that happened to me one time and since I was in a hurry to get the info out I did not not edit it--just ploped it out on the www. So be kind to us who are peckers and keyboard challenged. Hell, if I took time to edit, that is all I would be doing id editing.

I went through the University of Mississippi at Oxford in 1964.

I went in the front door and they kicked me out the back door.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Sounds like Ebay is shifting from a bazaar model to one that is more tightly controlled. Decisions to make these sorts of changes aren't done on a whim; there's many very smart people working for them who spend much time and effort researching possible changes to the rules that govern buying and selling on their site, with the goal always being, increase how much $$ we make, increase our market share.

I wonder if such changes are being implemented because Ebay isn't getting new people on their site? Maybe they've done a some research and have found that the people who are buying and selling there are the same people that have been there for years. Just speculating. I know that for some people I know who are light internet users, the idea of using Ebay is very scary, they seem to perceive it as being much more "wild west" than, say, Amazon.com.

• sustainedhaze
    sustainedhaze

I steer clear of e-bay and their fat piggy bank paypal based on their holier than thou policies. Apologize in advance if the thread is hijacked as I am sure my source here could raise it's own sideline discussion.

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/4410.html

Perhaps another example of small mans need is trumped by corporate greed?

• Satanus
    Satanus

To heck w ebay. I'm going w the add at the bottom of the page; make $5000 a week in an automated REAL business. Doing nothing, and getting $5000.00 sent to me, each week. Later, schmucks ;) ;)

S

• oompa
    oompa

reneef, this boycott thing could be a dang tough one for any with a lot of sales they need to make on e-bay.....Maybe you have heard this one before....."where else can we go? where will we turn?".............puke................oompa

I bet they are smart enough to not go too far off course...they may rescind some of this without a boycott in a brief time.........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit