~ Does anyone use WinAmp media player? ~

by FlyingHighNow 30 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

? If you do, I have a tech question for you.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Shoot.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I reformatted my computer and now I cannot enqueque songs into the player. Any suggestions? Without the enqueque feature, every new song I try to play wipes out the song before. So, I cannot make playlists or even a running current list.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Why don't you try re-installing winamp http://winamp-media-player.info/?gclid=CLHJ26v4_ZECFQHbPAodOUBW9g

Or switch to itunes its real easy to transfer the songs, all you have to do is open both programs side by side reduce their size so you see them both and then just drag and drop.

I find itunes pretty easy to use, I was just into winamp before.

hope4others

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

What I need is a player for my PC that I can enqueue a list of songs in so it will play while I do work on the computer or work in the kitchen, etc. Will I tunes do that? I wouldn't want to pay for a player either. I love Winamp. I have a version that was around in 2000.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Or if I have a list of songs up, adding another song to it without wiping out the list, ya know?

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Try opening up a windows explorer windows and dragging and dropping the song files into your playlist in Winamp.

Or, right-click on the mp3 and go to "enqueue in winamp".

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Here I copied this info maybe this will help you, or just goggle (Winamp enqueue feature)

Hope this may be of some help.

This is up to Winamp - if you configure Winamp to have enqueue as the default action, then MMM will see the setting and use it. This is the same action used, for instance, when double-clicking on an m3u file from the file explorer.

OK - found the correct Winamp option and tried this and the MMM "Play" button now enqueues files to the Winamp playlist. Hooray.

To be very specific, in Winamp it is necessary to set up enqueue as the default action in Windows Explorer:

Preferences\General Preferences\File Types\Explorer Settings\
    [check] Enqueue files on double click in Windows Explorer (default is unchecked)

Other buttons or selections to make enqueue the default option, within Winamp or its playlists or Library, have no effect on the action defined by the MMM "Play" button. Again, specifically, nothing defined in these Winamp menus has any effect:

Preferences\General Preferences\Jump To File\Enqueue Options\
    (none of these enqueue options has any effect on the MMM "Play" feature)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Or, right-click on the mp3 and go to "enqueue in winamp".

That's just it: when you right click, the enqueque choice is not there anymore more. Only the open or open with is there. And then you can choose the program. And in that window, you can click the box that says always open these files using this program. And usually, that would make all music file open in Winamp. But like I said, there is no choice for enquequing anymore. I need to figure out how to get this choice again.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Preferences\General Preferences\Jump To File\Enqueue Options\
    (none of these enqueue options has any effect on the MMM "Play" feature)

Where do you find all of this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit