Comebacks for memorial invitations

by moomanchu 20 Replies latest jw friends

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

I thought in this hounding season we could have a little list of comebacks to jdub invitations to the memorial.

Kinda like a reasoning book witnessing tool in reverse.

I thought of one just today;

When the dub inevitably says this is the one thing we are commanded to do in the bible;

You might respond with; Really could you please show me from the bible where it says we are to observe

other christians partaking of the emblems, and btw do you have partakers at your congregation so that I could

observe them doing so.

Please add more

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

How about proving in the Bible that the whole congregation is supposed to meet in a central location? The last I remember, the Lord's Evening Meal was actually in a private home, and only Jesus and the 12 apostles were present.

They are going to have to show me from the Bible that it was meant to be the whole congregation and not family groups or small gatherings, about half the size of a typical book study group.

• oompa
    oompa

How bout "I'll be there but I am bringing salt and and my own napkin"

I am thinking of going just to see how they tone down all the instructions that nobody should partake, and that only Great Crowd.must be in attendance. Could be interesting. I thind as many as possible should go and partake................oompa

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

'That's fabulous--that time of evening, I'll be famished!!'

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I know I will not get invited because I hold the title in my area of "Queen of the Apostates". Which by the way, I truly enjoy. I wanted to be Home Coming Queen but did not get it. But Queen Apostate is a fine title too. But IF I did get invited I may say one of these 2 things, you know, just for the fun of it;

I'll go only if I can bring my own booze.

or,

will they be serving cheese with the crackers this time?

Peace, Lilly

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

'The memorial?. . .oh no! Who died?'

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Really could you please show me from the bible where it says we are to observe

other christians partaking of the emblems, and btw do you have partakers at your congregation so that I could

observe them doing so.

I love that one. I may use it word for word.

The only other one that came up in my mind was this:

"Emblems- The Bible doesn't say to observe any emblems. I don't have to observe any [stinking] emblems."

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

If a JW tries to invite me to the memorialâ„¢ I'll tell them I'm planning to celebrate it on Nisan 14, which falls on April 12 this year.

W

edited to add: I just found 2 other calendars online, one setting Nisan 14 on April 19 and the other on March 21. I really hate inconsistency.

• real one
    real one

I would say i thought Jesus already came back so why are you still doing that

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If they can't make up their mind about when Nisan 14 is this year, it might be a good idea to just blow it off and celebrate Easter. Your pick about whether to do the standard Easter (March 23) or Orthodox Easter (which falls late in April).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit