Comebacks for memorial invitations

by moomanchu 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    it might be a good idea to just blow it off and celebrate Easter.

That's what I'll be doing on March 23 and again in April since I was raised celebrating Ukrainian Easter. I want the best of both.

W

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

WTW

I think Paul's discussion about the celebration puts it in a congregation setting in contrast to eating and drinking a common meal at home. (1 Co.11:7-34) And although he mentions one can participate and be "unworthy", he certainly does not restrict the participation. The idea that there are two groups, earthly and heavenly, is an invention of Rutherford and the Watchtower Society.

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

"I am struggling with a serious drinking problem. Taunting me by passing wine around without drinking it is cruel and unusual punishment. I must use my God-trained conscience to completely abstain from this. I MUST ABHOR even the fragrant FUMES of the wine. The Holy Scriptures tells me I must completely remove from my midst that which is making me stumble."

"You say I won't get to drink it and yet I get to inhale the fragrant fumes of the red wine. Isn't that a compromise of my alcohol-free stance? Can I truly tell my AA group that I've been abstaining from alcohol when droplets of wine waft into my nostrils and into my body? Hmm? If a man is to completely abstain from a substance, surely you wouldn't allow that same substance to enter his body through other means.... in miniscule amounts? Would you?"

wINQ

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

"I would be more than delighted to attend your Memorial!! It will be such a blessing to share with you my gift of the Spirit. The Lord's power often energizes me in shakes and fits when I receive the cup of wine. It's at that point that I occasionally yell out the words of God: exposing the sinners among his flock. I reveal names of pedophiles, hypocrites, false prophets, carpet-eaters and goat-humpers. All things will be naked and openly exposed.... even I."

"Godbless! See you that night!"

wINQ

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

You can also decline and tell them its because the Bible says "you cannot partake at the table of the Lord, and the table of demons". Then just leave it hanging for them to figure out which "table" they are feeding at. Lilly

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

"

You say I won't get to drink it and yet I get to inhale the fragrant fumes of the red wine. Isn't that a compromise of my alcohol-free stance?

It will be such a blessing to share with you my gift of the Spirit. The Lord's power often energizes me in shakes and fits when I receive the cup of wine. It's at that point that I occasionally yell out

you're quite creative in your idea's I love this stuff!

alt

Hope4Others

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I'm sorry but the Watchtower told me the world would have ended by now....soo your just a figment of my disturbed imagination..{Slam door}

• Currientology
    Currientology

I like the one someone posted on JWD a few weeks ago... Something like... "I'll be attending the memorial invisibly, like when Jesus returned in 1914" I'm expecting an invite from the in-laws any day now. But, that line might cause a little too much trouble.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

THREAD DELIVERS. rofl.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy
    I reveal names of pedophiles, hypocrites, false prophets, carpet-eaters and goat-humpers.

I love it! Mind if I borrow that one???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit