Why won't US media talk about what's really going on?

by dinah 19 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah

C'mon people!

Puppy abuse and a PGA golfer facing criminal for hitting an endangered bird? Gimme a freakin' break.

If you watch any news on television, you might as well just turn on E! and see which celebrity is doing whom. Angelina is still doin' Billy Bob, right? Who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I would be fascinated to know how much tv news is still being watched. So many newspapers folding up because nobody buys them anymore, reason: internet. I can pick and choose whichever news I want.

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

the only news i read are the stories on the bbc site.

if i still had cable, i'd watch the daily show. =p

• Gopher
    Gopher

The government and the media themselves share blame.

In 2005, a New York Times article revealed that the current administration manufactured favorable news reports, which were broadcast as actual journalism. (I thought that kind of thing only went on in dictatorships.) Columnists wrote pro-administration articles without revealing they'd been paid off by the government to influence public perceptions. http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/13/politics/13covert.html

As for the media itself, it has increasingly been intermingling entertainment with news.

Here's a page abouit that from the Committee of Concerned Journalists: http://concernedjournalists.org/node/332

Here's part of what they said:

We heard four distinct perspectives on the shift toward news as entertainment. The first was that news as entertainment was worrisome not because it threatened journalism but because it threatened society's sense of distinction between fact and fiction--of the real and unreal.
    The second was that journalism can take various forms, and has always been mixed with entertainment. Indeed, journalism is probably much less corrupt from an ethical and commercial standpoint than it once was. What is different now is the sense that journalism is simply another commodity, a product, whose purpose is profit. That was not true of publishers of the past.
    The third concern was that in the wake of this shift toward showmanship the next generation of journalists are not being taught values of accuracy, of ethics, that were hard fought and won by past generations.
    Finally, we heard that this is likely to change only if journalists can address through a sense of personal ethics and personal shame what the owners of media are doing.
  • freydi
    freydi

I remember the day I discovered that the US was basically a pagan nation, but calling itself Christian. I also remember discovering that it is also fascist but calling itself a democracy. The real powers don't want the truth disseminated publicly. So much tado is made over non-important trivial things by the propaganda tools aka the news media and their political pitchmen, while the big things are either ignored, perverted or undermined and as concepts of righteousness and justice are made a mockery of for the sake of expediency, power, profit or just plain lust by those with charisma and/or legal expertise and money that usually masquerade in sheep's clothing and say they do nice things for children.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I also agree that you don't get much useful information by watching most of the news on TV. I listen to NPR new on the radio and watch BBC new on TV. If you can get Link TV in your area it has a lot of information you won't get by watching most TV new. Check out their website: linktv.org

• I quit!
    I quit!

I also agree that you don't get much useful information by watching most of the news on TV. I listen to NPR new on the radio and watch BBC new on TV. If you can get Link TV in your area it has a lot of information you won't get by watching most TV new. Check out their website: linktv.org

• justhuman
    justhuman

This is called the "masses contol". Media are not reporters..they are repeaters...it means they are repeating what they are told by those who control the system...

Instead of showing the real issues in the world they are dealing what dress did Angelina had in he Oscars, or how did Paris Hilton spend her time in prison!!!

While the real issues of this plannet are :

Global warming

Pollusion

Ozzon layer

War

Hunger

Earth is our home...no matter were we are living...the actions of someone that does not sign the treaty of Kyoto it affects us ALL. Global warming affect us all....instead of showing the REAL issue Media are acting like smoke screens, hidding the truth in many subjects.

• justhuman
    justhuman

Also I recall when the invasion in Iraq started, and I have post the killings of children by U.S.A bombs and all the bloodshed is happening in Iraq..I have said that the the media in U.S they didn't show what was really happening there...they did this in Vietnam also...they were many they attacked me because I just told what was happening...Saddam was the excuse to invate Iraq and get Iraq's oil...Saddam had no weapons of mass destruction...while U.S is trying to be an international police force, and attacking those who feels to do it. U.S is supporting extreme Muslim countries: Saudia Arabia, Pakistan, also Turkey, supports all the Muslim minorities in Europe and because of this a new war will start in Cosovo. In fact Saddam was U.S "friend" and also Milosevic in Yugoslavia...not to mention the Palestianian issue...

indeed Media they are giving to the masses rubbish and they are putting them to sleep..or actually they are trying to continue their sleep and not to wake up...

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Why? It's a battle for your mind. Sound familiar?

UNFILTERED NEWS: http://www.infowars.com/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit