Why won't US media talk about what's really going on?

by dinah 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Gopher
    Gopher
    I have post the killings of children by U.S.A bombs and all the bloodshed is happening in Iraq..I have said that the the media in U.S they didn't show what was really happening there...they did this in Vietnam also...

What you say is true about Iraq. However, you aren't correct about Vietnam. The major TV networks brought the Vietnam war right into our livingroom every night. It created in many a distaste for the war, and helped fuel a nationwide college anti-war movement. Further, TV coverage of the My Lai massacre (by the American side) helped eventually force American leaders to abandon that war.

Things have changed. The media was welcome in late 2002 to go along and view the quick takeover of Iraq. Since then, television has not shown the gruesome side of this conflict up close, and so we must only hear what's happening in generalized reports ("another bomb went off in a market"). Even those reports are "too much" for the pro-war people, who constantly complain that the media isn't reporting "the good things" and the "progress in rebuilding" they allege is happening in Iraq.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Tv news? Ggaaa!!! Who needs that heated/reheated shit piled on their plates, to be consumed 10 times a day? But, to each his own ;) S

• ibme
    ibme

Dinah, Me agrees, as Me has been saying for years, yes years. The media is being controlled by the government just like Gopher says ’The government and the media themselves share blame’.

However, when Me and several others on this board (JWD) has said anything to this affect we are branded as apostates just like the WBTS people brand individuals to bring them into control.

One really needs to educate oneself about ones surroundings before judging the subject or someone else.

Justhuman (and others) when you talk about “Masses Con(tr)ol” ---- well you be the judge.

Try looking at some of these items.

http://educate-yourself.org/

Me might add, “Me doesn’t agree with all that is being stated here, however, an educated mind has the ability to separate the facts”.

Me is hopin’ me is not talkin’ to the wind.

Thanks

Edited: one will have to cut and past the link. Everything was proper in word processor iPage on my iMac

Sorry

Thanks

• free2beme
    free2beme

Like it or not, it is all about what sales.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Interesting that there are no voices of dissent on this thread. Is that because we all "get it"? That doesn't seem likely. On the other hand, I've only met a few people that genuinely believe they are ever getting the whole story from the "free press". So if a majority do in fact "get it", why is it still this way?

If we all see the man behind the curtain, why is there still a curtain?

Dave

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I'm going to add my two cents. First of all if anyone is to blame for the poor media it's ourselves. If we didn't watch because of the entertainment the ceo's would make it more newsy. Also most news org's (tv) get there news from the a.p. who gets there news from local newspapers newspapers are facing cutbacks and shortages because instead of making 8 million in profit they now only make 6 million in profit. Greed causes all of this, because the newspapers can't cover all the news they have to go for what sells. That is the problem. Got to fix the foundation.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I'm going to add my two cents. First of all if anyone is to blame for the poor media it's ourselves. If we didn't watch because of the entertainment the ceo's would make it more newsy. Also most news org's (tv) get there news from the a.p. who gets there news from local newspapers newspapers are facing cutbacks and shortages because instead of making 8 million in profit they now only make 6 million in profit. Greed causes all of this, because the newspapers can't cover all the news they have to go for what sells. That is the problem. Got to fix the foundation.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

• rekless
    rekless

Burgertime,

You put your 3 cents worth in, please delete the thrid cent.

Dan

• Carmel
    Carmel

My local paper just repeats crap from the Portland Fish Wrapper and anything on the AP that fits with its philosophy! The editor is a jerk that executes personal vendettas on leaders in our city and county that he disagrees with. Journalism is the last thing on his mind. When my sub runs out I don't plan on re-upping when a local blog site is far more informative and honest....

carmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit