Beer is my pain killer ...

by kwintestal 23 Replies latest jw friends

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Just got back from a ball hockey game with a bunch of friends from high school. Most of them I haven't really spent any time with in about 12 years. Two things I immediately noticed, I'm out of shape and it's easy to pick things up where you left off years earlier.

As for the being out of shape ... tonight beer will help me, but who knows what tomorrow is going to bring. Well, I do actually. A heck of a lot more pain. I just hope I can stand in the morning.

Kwin

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Oh, I should also mention that we're playing in a league and the team we were playing against were all 12 years younger then us.

Kwin

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

haha sounds like fun!

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

There are a number of jw's that play pick up hockey around here. I played with them till I was 40. We usually had about 25 guys. All the gear, pads etc. We still got hurt though. I decided at the age of 40 that I was not indestructable and I had to work on monday.

The up side to all of this physical activity was the copious amount of draft beer afterwards. These days, I just soothe whatever ails me with either Labatt Blue or Jack Daniels, or a combination of both. Of course, with my bowling leagues, there is ALWAYS copious amounts of everything!!! CHEERS my friend!!!

NMG

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

SPAZnik ... it was a blast!

NMG ... Labatt Blue is what is on the menu tonight. I hope I can keep this up until 40 ... I'm not even 30 yet! lol

Kwin

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Just pace yourself, with the hockey that is. LaBatt will always be there for whatever ails you. Hell, you still have alot of youth in you. I am 58 and still growing strong. Bowling, golf, softball. Live life to the fullest and don't worry about what others, jw's , might think of you.

We don't need that stress in our lives any longer. Stress is the number one kller of many healthy people. You have to have a release from the daily presures of life. Live happy, play hard, and .

NMG

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    We don't need that stress in our lives any longer. Stress is the number one kller of many healthy people. You have to have a release from the daily presures of life. Live happy, play hard, and .

I can drink a beer to that!!!

Kwin

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Wait till you give up beer and take up whiskey. Then you'll really be ruined!

;-)

Burn

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Well, guess I'm ruined. 2 days short of 35. I think I'm actually worse, because I went straight to Crown. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.

momz

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Oh oh ... that's next weekend!!! I'm in trouble.

. I think I'm actually worse, because I went straight to Crown

mmmm Crown Royal

Kwin (wishing the liquor store moved with him)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit