Elders refuse to Testify

by The Scotsman 38 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I wonder how long it will take for the parents of the victims to be disfellowshipped for coming forward and exposing that monster for what he is. I also wonder if the elders discouraged the parents of the victims from going to law enforcement. They (the elders) apparently aren't concerned about punishing the molester and protecting the victims and other children who may become his victims.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Those self righteous rectum circles are hiding the society's culpability again, did they even report it to the police? Doesn't LEV. 5:1 have a part in this; they certainly know of a matter that is illegal and they are helping to hide evidence. Shouldn't they also be arrested for abbeting the individual or inbibiting the investigation of a an alleged crime???

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I am with Blondie on this one. The elders and the society claim there is no "clergy" class and YET they are claiming the same privacy laws that clergy use? They can't have it both ways. If I were still an active dub, I would definately raise a big stink about this one.

I cannot really understand HOW people can read articles like this and STILL remain a witness. Especially if they have children.

WAKE UP people, (those who are still in). And take a real stand for TRUTH and protect the INNOCENT lambs of the congregation! Do you really believe that the true God would allow this type of abuse of children and condone elders covering it up? The WT is a vessell of the Devil, and is sooo removed from the real God it is not funny!!!! Lilly

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

I am going to guess that the mother wasn't on board with going to the authorities at first, as it was the school principle who contacted the authorities after she said asked them to prevent him any contact with her daughters. So, it doesn't seem like she was the first to go forward which might prevent her from being DF'd or blamed for the "reproach". Who knows though. I wonder what the society would answer to what blondie posted... no clergy, yet clergy rights.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

This shows how the WTS will use any reason or defense they can--even hiding behind the "clergy" provision--to not suffer the consequences of only being concerned how to cover their asses. Have they EVER been concerned more with the victims than purpetrators? No.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

On another note, I really hope this story is circulated as widely as possible. It's the best thing we have to open the eyes of the JWs.

• whereami
    whereami

I literally get sick to my stomach with this crap. Is there a possibility to write to this newspaper showing the the hypocrisy of this religion? Show this newspaper what has been written in the wts literature regarding clergy priviledge, as shown per Blondie's research. Tell them that 99.99% of jdubs don't consider themselves clergy!! Does Barbera Anderson know of this? Come on people let's make a ruckus!!! This makes me sick.

• loosie
    loosie

What a bunch of A$$H*@'s they are!!!

What they report it now but won't do anything beyond that?

• undercover
    undercover
    The Jehovah's Witnesses public information office in New York also declined to comment.

Headquarters is going to distance themselves from this as much as possible.

It'll be interesting to see if the courts rule that the elders have to testify and if they continue to refuse. Will the WTS come to the aid? Don't bet on it. The elders all on their own. If they're found in contempt of court, they'll do the time and the Society won't lift a finger.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I literally get sick to my stomach with this crap. Is there a possibility to write to this newspaper showing the the hypocrisy of this religion? Show this newspaper what has been written in the wts literature regarding clergy priviledge, as shown per Blondie's research. Tell them that 99.99% of jdubs don't consider themselves clergy!! Does Barbera Anderson know of this? Come on people let's make a ruckus!!! This makes me sick.
    I was just about to ask the same thing. Any way to get these articles into the judges hands? The lawyers? There has to be a way. Seems to me this would blow their "defense" right out of the water.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit