Told My Mom- "Dad's Got Too Much Load on Him as a 82 Year Old Elder "

by flipper 38 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

WEDNESDAY- Thanks for the kind and good thoughts. That is sick what those elders did to that 90 year old elder . He might have had dementia or something - and here they wanted to DF him for talking out of turn on witness stuff. Twisted jerks. I agree it is more spiritual taking care of your parents , not knocking on doors . My sister is on disability actually , so I will talk with my mom and dad about getting a social worker to assist my sister once she gets back to her home after being in physical therapy for a month . Good advice, thanks !

HOMEROVAH- My dad always has shouldered the responsibilities that no other elders would handle . It's always been , " Good old Mr. Flipper Senior ! " to the other elders. Hopefully the other elders will help him out a lot more

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

FLIPPER-If me and mom told this nephew anything we beleive now, he would tell us to go F-ourselves in the finest JW speak.

• flipper
    flipper

SOONER 7C- Well, Sooner , if the elder nephew told you and your mom to screw off ya know , you could always enlist the aid of his fellow elders and turn him into them for hurling abusive speech at you. Might get him kicked out as an abusive elder - and nobody would be the worse for wear ! People abusing other people should never be tolerated . On a local level , or a worldwide Watchtower society organization level ! Peace out , Mr. Flipper

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

FLIPPER- The BOE in his cong. will back him up definitely.

• flipper
    flipper

SOONER 7C- So if he is a " good old boy " elder in with the other elders who back him up- not much you can do other than try to avoid the guy as much as possible ! Just don't let him be a cancer in your mom and your life ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It's hard to comment without actually knowing your dad. I don't know what his cut-off date would
    be, but he's probably past the age where he would have appreciated a lighter load. Many elders
    sort of retire as elders, keeping the title but claiming the inability to do the work anymore. These
    elders get to comment with their wisdom and attend elders meetings when they want to, but are
    usually there. They just don't get much in the way of assignments.

Your dad, I would assume is past the time when he could have enjoyed that. He might very well
    now be living FOR the assignments of his title.

I say that because he would not admit he needs to do less, and taking assignments from him would
    have to be done delicately because he would see it as proof of his living past his usefulness.

Dad needs to be relieved of some duty as a favor to someone else. "Bro. Newbie needs to be
    more involved. Let him have that responsibility." "Bro. Overlord needs to have someone else do that
    because Bro. Overlord wants to train them."

• flipper
    flipper

OTWO- I think that my dad as other older elders just need the affirmation as you said that they are still useful as they don't want to be put in a corner like an old banjo or something. I agree if they could just have him attend the elder meetings, give advice , and give more energetic younger elders the load - it would free him up to take care of what I consider more important matters anyway , taking care of my aged mom and my ailing sister. To me, family matters take precedent to the congregation

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

FLIPPER- Actually he minds his own business, as far as my mother is concerned, and when I said he would tell us to F-ourselves, I meant that he would blast us with his best JW condemnation plus instant JC with apostate topping. He's not a bad person in general, but his fanaticism is going to get him in trouble one of these days if it ever leads him to give my mother a bad time.

sooner7nc

• flipper
    flipper

SOONER 7C- Oh, I understand what you meant. I too have been blasted by relatives trying to give me a bad name and force a JC on me in the past. Good luck keeping the nephew at bay from doing that

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit