Situation Developing in Family

by lookingnow25 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• jgnat
    jgnat

You know, only in the Witness theology would the claim of anointing be considered "selfish".

Perhaps this man has had a genuine conversion experience, and anointing by the Holy Spirit. I've experienced it, and so has Little Toe. From my theological perspective, anointing by the Holy Spirit is a gift, freely given, and available to all. Perhaps you can get some comfort from Little Toe's story. Perhaps this is the first step in your brother-in-law's exiting the society.

I understand your sister's fear. This means he has no intention of joining her in paradise.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

sacolton - I agree - how can the numbers be rising.

It's been at the 7/8000 mark for like 25 years or something.

Ag it just doesn't make sense.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

We got a local guy who got himself annointed a couple years back. His wife was crying outside the hall the first night he partook. She was upset because she was going to have to be a "single parent" in the new system. Obviously the end would come before her teenage children were fully grown.

I wasn't sure which one of them was crazier.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Loubelle,

There is new light which says that new people can "become" anointed.

That is how the numbers could rise.

Sirona

• lesterd
    lesterd

They dont come to my house and count me and the others that partake there, so their numbers aint squwat.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

This JW version of annointed is nonsensical. If it is of the Revelation 144,000 and it is literal, well it would be nice to actually read the Bible and not a whacked our Revelation Climax book. Then you would see, oh my, these are all guys who are virgins. They have not "defiled themselves with a woman." So any married guy claiming to be in that group is a fraud and a pretender, worthy to be at least mocked, and even tarred and feathered.

• lrkr
    lrkr

Women are soo "defiling"

Doesn't that phrase "not defiled by a woman" make you sick now. To me it just jumps out as proof that the bible is a product of 2000 year old Roman/Greek cultural norms and beliefs.

• lancelink
    lancelink

"I'll be back later, I need a drink." wow ! I really hope things work out well for you and your family

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

It's all so nonsensical.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit