Watchtower 2008 dumb logic= "Belief in evolution makes you an orphan."

by Witness 007 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• M.J.
    M.J.

"Hasn't the society ever heard of theistic evolution? Anyway, maybe you would have no mommy or daddy to look up to, but you would gain a lot of brothers and sisters you didn't know you had."

Leo, it appears they have:

http://www.seanet.com/~raines/theistic.html

• Gopher
    Gopher

C’mon Scully, all the answers are in the holey Bible!!

Did divine intervention ever end a war?

Yes, don’t you remember that God sent an angel to massacre 186,000 Assyrians in one night after the Israelites prayed to Jehovah? That event isn’t recorded anywhere else in history, but it’s in the Bible, so it must be true!!

Did divine intervention ever find a cure for any illness?

Yes, don’t you remember that a woman touched the hem of Jesus’ robe and was instantly cured of a blood flow? It was in the Bible, so it must be true!

Did divine intervention ever find a way to manage crime?

Yes, we see evidence of crime management in Jehovah’s modern-day spiritual paradise. Lion-like individuals have learned to live with “lambs”, which is a wonderful foreshadowing of a peaceful, crime-free new earth SOON to come!

Did divine intervention ever put a roof over someone's head or food in their bellies?

I don’t know about the “roof” part, but don’t you remember that Jesus fed thousands of hungry people with just a few loaves and fishes? Yes, God’s son really cares about the starving people of the world. That incident 2,000 years ago recorded in the holey Bible proves it!

Did divine intervention ever avert a massive tragedy or natural disaster?

Don't you remember that the Ninevites repented after Jonah preached to them? Jehovah was about to bring a massive tragedy, but he decided not to. See, tragedy averted. As far as natural disasters, Jesus demonstrated the ability to control natural laws when he walked on water and calmed the sea.

All you gotta do is read your Bible, you of little faith!!!!!!! I speak truth and you won't listen.

(Sorry for the bad "Real One" imitation. )

• Manny Trillo
    Manny Trillo

"source of superior wisdom"??

Taking that to mean all the stuff we all accept as universally good: love, peace, all the puppy dogs and rainbows stuff, and not genocide and pig pranks, has there been one bit of 'Godly Wisdom' that did not have some foundation or beginning that traces back to a human or group, pre-dating the canonization of either Testament?

It could only be given the tag 'Godly Wisdom' after the all the pieces were stuck together from disparate locations and agreed upon and sent through a vigorous and comprehensive editing process over time to reflect contemporary realities.

God has gone through many iterations in the Bible. He starts out all mean and what not and then gets all sappy and lovey-dovey in the end. Kind of like how Mrs. Cunningham is the 'sarcastic suburban mom' in the first season of Happy Days and then gets all loopy and crushy on the Fonz in the later seasons (with the occasional slow-theme wisdom), by the end she was a twitchy mess.

Thats because Mrs. C was made in someone else's image.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Manny -- so I take it you don't believe Marion Cunningham was real? There are so many references to her in art and literature, she MUST have lived in Milwaukee in the 1950's.

To prove it, I even have a picture of her with the family & the Fonz (excuse me, I should have said ARTHUR) !!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    (Sorry for the bad "Real One" imitation. )

The spelling, grammar, and logic of the rebuttal are a very poor imitation.

Sorry Gopher

• Satanus
    Satanus

I would say to the wt, in my best peewee herman voice, 'i know you are, but what am i?' ;)

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

Actually, evolution makes one feel like a child of the earth, a child of the universe, at one/a part of nature. Further, if one believes in spiritual evolutions as well, one can feel a connection to all life on the planet and also to the source, which is more like a benevolent mother. Quite different from the demanding wt tyrant god and his earthly corporation.

S

• Manny Trillo
    Manny Trillo

Goph,

If Mrs. Cunningham (if this is her real name) truly exists. Explain this...

• parakeet
    parakeet

"If we really are the product of evolution and there is no creator, the human race would in a sense, be an orphan. Mankind would have no source of superior wisdom to consult- no one to help us solve our problems. We would have to rely on human wisdom to avert enviromental disaster, to solve political conflicts, and to guide us through our personal crises. Do these prospects bring you peace of mind? If not consider the alternative. Not only is it more appealing but it also makes more sense."

The last sentence is the most telling. It's more APPEALING and comforting to believe our kindly Dad in the skies (near Plieades, I think) is looking over us and providing nonexistent help for our troubles.

Once you've got dubs hooked emotionally, the WTS could tell them to stand on their heads an hour each day in order to get God's approval, and they would do it.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I love the Watchtower arguement........we have no scientific answer but we are appealing to your emotions!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit