Active JW and ex-bethelite responding to UN issue

by lookin 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

lookin, I'm glad you are brave enough to start looking. My husband and I were at bethel in the 70's during some wonderful changes and left to have kids. Why it took us so long to really look at the facts is beyond me. But please keep looking and if you could, read Ray's account in Crisis of Conscience. I wish I did 20 years ago!!! j2bf

• JT
    JT

good to have you posting

i too used to be at bethel back in the 80's-

i only wish i had known then what i know now

my advice is KEEP ON LOOKING and what you will find if you are honest with yourself will make you take a second look at the direction your life has been directed to go in by the WTBTS.
    INC

but welcome

james

• CatholicGuy
    CatholicGuy

Lookin,

The letter was sent by the Chairman's Committee. I've been out of the Organization for awhile but isn't that the Chairman's Committee of the Governing Body? If so, that would mean it is fully representative of the Governing Body's position on the matter, wouldn't it? No doubt this issue was discussed in one of the weekly sessions of the GB (when I was in Bethel in the mid-70's they used to meet every Wednesday: we used to joke the most important announcements would be made on Thursdays!)

CatholicGuy

• mikepence
    mikepence

The analysis that Lookin is referring to can be found at http://xjwnews.com.

Lookin, feel free to correspond with me privately, if it would be helpful to you.

Thanks for the kudos,
    Mike Pence
    [email protected]

• alienone
    alienone

Itsjustme wrote:

> The issue for me is that if you truly believe this is Jehovah's organization and he is
    > directing it, why would he let a small group of brothers associate HIS organization with
    > the wicked, unclean, etc. UN?

I believe there is a scripture (in Thessalonians I think), explaining that Jehovah will allow errors to occur so that certain unrighteous ones will believe the broader "lie" and remove themselves from the congregation.

Failing that, and far from associating with the enemy, the WTS had infiltrated the enemy like a spy. If a US agent penetrated a terrorist cell in order to gain intelligence, would you accuse him of wrongdoing?

• CatholicGuy
    CatholicGuy

I just looked at the calendar. The Society's letter sent out by the Chairman's Committee is dated November 1st...which is a Thursday! Does anyone know if the Governing Body still meets every Wednesday or not? Could be coincidence but I wonder....

CatholicGuy

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Welcome to the board lookin.In your position anonymous is the way to go.Keep your ass below the radar!...OUTLAW

• lookin
    lookin

Everyone makes a good point. Yes the GB still meets on Wed., However I do not know if it is relevant in this situation.

I saw the "official letter" from Mike Pence. I only am doubting the letterhead. It is NOT the letterhead that they use.
    Any comments let me know.

• waiting
    waiting

Hello alienone,

Welcome to our board.

I believe there is a scripture (in Thessalonians I think), explaining that Jehovah will allow errors to occur so that certain unrighteous ones will believe the broader "lie" and remove themselves from the congregation.

Please quote scripture for your reference? Even with scripture, your interpretation most likely would be the WTBTS' interpretation. It can't be proven one way or another.

Failing that, and far from associating with the enemy, the WTS had infiltrated the enemy like a spy. If a US agent penetrated a terrorist cell in order to gain intelligence, would you accuse him of wrongdoing?

The WTBTS has solicitated association with a governmental body - the one they titled as The Beast of Revelation. The WTBTS has used scriptures with us for decades to show that we, as true christians cannot compromise our spiritual integrity. If you're not aware of the issue of jw's in Malawi and buying a $.25 political card and thousands of jw's being driven into the bush, then hunted, raped, beaten and killed, there are writings about it in the WTBTS literature. I was in the organization at that time - I remember, approx. 1976/77.

However, I didn't know the other side - which is the side that you're suggesting the WTBTS has done with the UN. It happened at the same time as Malawi, but in Mexico. The Mexican brothers were allowed by the WTBTS to join the Mexican army, carry a card stating such, pay a bribe, and not have to actually go into the military. The WTBTS said they wouldn't back the brothers up who did this and got caught, but everybody bribed in Mexico, so do whatever. The brothers joined the military and bribed. In fact, as you say - "infiltrated the enemy."

Why weren't the brothers in Malawi allowed to do the same? In the Watchtowers, they were held out to be spiritual heros, upholding spiritual ingetrity to God - as we all should do. The WTBTS has always taught us that true christians don't compromise spiritual principles, even if our lives depend upon it.

To solicitate association with the WTBTS and then promote their agenda while calling them the anti-christ (1944) and The Beast (for decades) is compromising and hypocritical. The WTBTS cannot prove that they are in a spiritual warfare. They can prove that they go by the same ideals that they put forth for their followers.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit