Active JW and ex-bethelite responding to UN issue

by lookin 18 Replies latest jw friends

• lookin
    lookin

I have to respond to the letter sent to the branches from the WTB&TS.
    First: The explanation from Mike Pence is right on the money. I am still an active JW who was at Bethel for several yrs. and in good standing with my local congregation. However I have questioned it to my congregation- and they were very surprised. I live in the USA also.
    One question, why did they not cc it to the GB? I personally wrote a GB member and sent the letter-still waiting for response. I do not think that ALL members of the GB are informed of what other brothers are doing. I know that for a fact!

The explanation of why they did what they did is weak to an active JW. I am not an apostate and do believe what Jehovah wants us to do. Jehovah has the power to manuever whatever He wants wherever He wants. I believe it was a major mistake for certain "brothers" to do what they did and belong to what they belonged to. Not all the brothers agreed that this should have been done back in 1991. (inside infor) i know for a fact. being friends with brothers who were part of it at that time.

I have to remain anonymous!! this could totally jeopordize my standing in the congregation.

While I believe that this is Jehovah's organization. I am not so stupid to believe that certain "brothers" are VERY corrupt in the thinking they have, not humble and last but not least-not servants of Jehovah but corporate men only!

I cant believe I just posted this.
    lookin

• battman
    battman

Keep on "lookin" and "posting"

I remember the first time I posted!! I thought
    the next phone call or visit I would be exposed.

So far I have become very comfortable posting
    here, found many great and very funny friends.
    Also serious research and work in many of the
    threads.

have a good day and hope to hear from you again,

Battman

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

lookin,

Please see my reply to your post on Mike's thread. I would like to hear your reply.

DB

• waiting
    waiting

Welcome to our forum, looking.

#1One question, why did they not cc it to the GB? I personally wrote a GB member and sent the letter-#2 still waiting for response. I do not think that ALL members of the GB are informed of what other brothers are doing. #3 I know that for a fact!

#1 -- I wondered about that too. Good question.

#2 -- You might be waiting for a while. Several have written and no responses have yet to be forthcoming. Even if you do get a "response" - that doesn't necessarily mean you get an answer.

#3 -- Aw........not fair to say you know for "a fact!" and then give absolutely no evidence. Just your hearsay and/or opinion.

Nice to meet you.

waiting

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Lookin,

Thank you for your post. To me it means that there are others that will see the hypocrisy in the Society's response also. A good thing. Their answer just doesn't ring true, and I'm happy you see that. Please keep us posted if you receive a response to your letter.

Welcome to the board, Lookin! Nice to have you join in on this issue.

• lookin
    lookin

waiting:
    fact reveals sources-sources reveal who i am unfortunately not willing to risk that
    sorry...

• ItsJustMe
    ItsJustMe

The issue for me is that if you truly believe this is Jehovah's organization and he is directing it, why would he let a small group of brothers associate HIS organization with the wicked, unclean, etc. UN?

• Flip
    Flip
    Jehovah has the power to manuever whatever He wants wherever He wants.

So far it appears Jehovah only wants to maneuver to protect real estate, and corporate assets.

Flip

• battman
    battman

"Jehovah has the power to manuever whatever He wants wherever He wants."

So we are then just puppets/toys in his "plan" oopps" that is now known
    as purpose. Please read the topics of foreknowledge and foreordination
    in the Aid and Insight books are relate to me just what all the hockus pocus
    is all about.

battman

• TD
    TD
    First: The explanation from Mike Pence is right on the money.

Could you elaborate?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit