Making it through the public talk Vol. 1

by lookingnow25 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cognac
    cognac

I just started bringing my IPod to the meetings. Last time I listened to this self-hypnosis thing. I don't know if it did anything, but it was very relaxing. I just about fell asleep.

(P.S. This is hard to get away with. I have long hair and wore a turtleneck. lol)

• LogosHealer
    LogosHealer

I also brought my mp3 player and I used my long hair as an advantage. It's amazing how fast the meetings go when you are listening to music. hahaha.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Lookingnow, I like how you analysed the talk and exposed the hypocrisy. I think this counter-study helps break the bonds of the old way of thinking.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    WT 60 pg. 530 "4...Of course, if the other members of his family love God’s Word they will be glad to know from him what it teaches, but if not, they may be bitter in their opposition. Unable to refute the Bible truth, they may demand that the newly interested one stop associating with Jehovah’s people."

It's things like that in WT publications that really annoy me. The arrogant conclusions made are completely without basis. Could it be that the family members love the bible and just don't like JW interpretations of it? Never! And the even more arrogant delusion that no one can refute their beliefs. LOL

• JK666
    JK666

It always helped me to daydream about having sex during the boring meetings. Of course, I do that all the time anyway.

JK

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Whenever I have Attending duties I go in the library and grab an old book - The Finished Misery, or some such, and laugh at all the nutty crap about pyramids. That usually makes the time fly by.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I really admire your use of this wasted time.

If you were daring enough to do it, you could get a micro-small laptop computer
    going with the WT-Library CD or the whole program installed. You could do your
    instant references right on the spot.

Thanks for pointing out the cult contradictions.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Is there a WT Library 2007 for Palm Pilots?

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

I used to have this thick shoe string that I would bring that had all kinds of knotts in it, I would seek to untie them all, this helped me get through all that crap as a kid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit