What date would be in your head ?

by Free 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Free
    Free

Now that they have adjusted the Generation again , If you were still a braindead, What date would you be thinking of ?

and for those still attending, What is the word going around ?

• Open mind
    Open mind

Any time now.

soon.

near.

imminent.

We are SOOO deep into the very last part of the last days.

I think many J-dubs follow the same "5 year plan" that the former Soviet Union was famous for. It's a rolling 5 years that keeps getting reset until your dead.

My oldest teen recently told grandma (a fiercely loyal JW) : "There's no guarantee that I won't grow old and die in this system of things!"

Grandma huffed and puffed and then shut up. Especially when I didn't jump in to "help".

OM

• sspo
    sspo

Even when i was in, down deep never beleived we were living in the time of the end.

Somehow i learned of their game," just around the corner" long time ago but in 1995 once they changed

the "generation" doctrine, i knew they didn't know what the hell they were talking about and realized their explanation

was just as good as anyone in other religions.

• freeme
    freeme

2020?

i wouldnt bet on it, but it sounds far away enough to make it possible. like i though "not later then 2010" in the 90s. no specific date, but a help to keep the faith alive.

i guess thats what i would think.

• sspo
    sspo

Two years ago, i heard from some elders that we were living in the last second of this system of things.

Do they beleive in it? Most don't because they are all busy making money and enjoying life and not saving lives.

Going door to door is primarily done in order to keep your reputation as active witness and keep the elders and circuit overseer off your back.

Very few witness preach because of concern for others.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

A date with that hot sister on the second to the last row.... ya... she looks spiritually weak alt I bet she's naughty.

• peter-john
    peter-john

well , no date is given to the christian , regarding the phisical destruction of the kingdom's enemies...

but the last date spoken in Bible is that one :

12. Blessed is the one who waits for and reaches the end of the 1,335 days.
    Daniel 12.

Now , the question is , to what time correspond this date ?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

When I still believed, I expected it to be around the time of the next Memorial.

When that passed I'd think, surely this October.

When that passed I'd think, maybe this next Memorial.

When that passed I'd think, surely this October.

When that passed... well, you get the picture.

Was I one of the best JWs they ever had or what?

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

WHOA!!!! i'm out the loop. they changed the generation AGAIN?!?!?!?!?!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I think a lot of JWs still have in their minds a date of 2014. After that 1914 starts to sound irrelevant. Considering most people that join cults are in their teens, what is a person born in the 2000 going to think about an invisible ruler that took the throne in the early 1900s. What, Jesus cleansed heaven 100 years ago, and has done nothing since.

Peter-John - in your other threads you mention a blog saying the end is now. It quotes scriptures such as Joel from 3000 years ago, saying come to Jehovah now. Do you really believe "now" meant "the twenty first" century, and not the time period Joel was referring to. Jesus was referring to event in his time. However, over the last few thousand years, people have always applied these prophecies to their day. Are we expected to believe that since we are alive now, it should just so happen to apply to us?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit