What date would be in your head ?

by Free 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hermano
    Hermano

I wouldn't be thinking of any date. I would be thinking maybe it's not gonna happen in my lifetime so why am I living like a hermit? Which is why I am out now. I realized I wasn't doing it cause I loved God, I was doing it cause I was afraid of Armageddon. I'd rather die living a life worth living, than live a dead life.

• MOG
    MOG

AMEN HERMANO y que dios te bendiga..

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Probably not a date, but "soon", and be commenting to the "friends" about the latest bad news on CNN and how it shows how close to the end we are. Yeah, I'd be pretty chumptastic.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Some will die today!

But if God turns up at your door tomorrow with an AK1914 saying you didn't make it into his army - what's the difference?

• StAnn
    StAnn

I think it's self-evident that active JWs having nothing in their heads except what the WTBTS puts there. What I'm wondering is why no one stands up and SCREAMS out during a meeting, "Jesus said no one knows the day and the hour! No one! Stop speculating!"

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Even when I was in, I saw 2034 as a good candidate. Those alive in 1914 would be 120 in 2034, and that is very close to the record for longevity. If it made it much past 2034, a record of longevity would have to be set.

And, I figured that all Jehovah would have to do would be to extend one or two lives way past their normal limits. Those people, born before 1914, would be absolutely stopped from ever dying (no mention of how horribly they are to suffer or how much hardship they will have to endure--only dying would not be allowed). Then He could fulfill the "generation" without ever having to move things along toward a conclusion.

• peter-john
    peter-john
    Peter-John - in your other threads you mention a blog saying the end is now. It quotes scriptures such as Joel from 3000 years ago, saying come to Jehovah now. Do you really believe "now" meant "the twenty first" century, and not the time period Joel was referring to. Jesus was referring to event in his time. However, over the last few thousand years, people have always applied these prophecies to their day. Are we expected to believe that since we are alive now, it should just so happen to apply to us?

Friend , the word "now" is anytime when a God worshipper got aknowledged of his sins or falls . He have to "come back" to God , or to repent .

Also , the prophecies using the word "now" - as Joel's , are reffering to the Day of judgement .

Because the Day of judgement started in autumn 2005 , the word "now" is present for all !

peter john.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit