Why don't the stones cry out?

by allreadygone 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• allreadygone
    allreadygone

Jesus said at Luke 19:40 "If these remained silent the stones would cry out"

My Question is why don't the stones cry out in areas where the preaching work is banned or has very few witnesses?

Both India and China Have populations in excess of 1 Billion people, but very very few dubs to spread the "good news".

You know the conversion rate would be near 100% if a rock began telling of an impending doom. Hell I bet everyone on JWD would go back to the meetings if a stone told you to. Gone

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Yes, a talking rock could be a very effective preaching tool.

Fortunately Harbor Freight has that covered. All Jehovah has to do is buy a bunch of these.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=92608

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

The stones are NOT going to cry out. And if I heard one doing so, I would just attribute it to too much Jack Daniels and then I'd have another. Make that a DOUBLE.

Personally though, I don't put much credence in the scriptures anymore. I would have liked to have seen more evidence of a historical jesus to prove the TRUE existance of him as a real prophet and THE son of god. According to the actual translation of the NT his father's name is not referred to there. Just the jw version and I have had enough of that.

NMG

• Gopher
    Gopher

Actually you're setting the benchmark too high.

Remember, the Bible says "the whole world" was covered with the "good news of Jesus" in the first century. If anything, they only reached the majority of the Roman Empire. The first-century Christians certainly didn't cover ancient India and China with their preaching.

So I think the JW's can say that they've covered the Western world and declare victory right now.

• allreadygone
    allreadygone

Love it Jayhawk1!!
    You mean for $49.99 I could have put one of these at the bus stop, and slept in? Gone

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I asked my mom about this but not in areas where there are no witnesses. I said that the witnesses have done such a piss poor job spreading the "good news" that the rocks need to start yelling... I mean think about it what does the average 'man on the street' think that witnesses believe? Most people don't even believe witnesses believe in jesus so clearly they aren't spreading the 'news of the kingdom' why aren't the rocks hollerin?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Remember, the Bible says "the whole world" was covered with the "good news of Jesus" in the first century. If anything, they only reached the majority of the Roman Empire. The first-century Christians certainly didn't cover ancient India and China with their preaching.

Gopher I hate to be nit picking, but Christianity reached India in the 1st Century. Let me add that Armenia had Christian communities from 40 AD. And they were also in Persia in the 1st Century AD. You can can add Arabia to that 1st Century figure. And Edessa under King Abgar. Christanity was a persecuted minority in China by the 5th century, and there are traditions stating that the "good news" had reached China in the 1st Century (Apostle Thomas). The Chinese themselves record a 1st Century emperor having a dream and sending messengers west to find "the greatest prophet". The Chinese account relates that they met Christian missionaries along the road.

Burn

• oompa
    oompa
    Jayhawk: The stones are NOT going to cry out. And if I heard one doing so, I would just attribute it to too much Jack Daniels and then I'd have another. Make that a DOUBLE.

Instant classic!!!...........oompa

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    "Fortunately Harbor Freight has that covered. All Jehovah has to do is buy a bunch of these."

The irony? These 'talking rocks' were made in... *drum roll* ...China!

Regards,

Jim TX

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Because we aren't allowed to masturbate?

Oh wait, I read that wrong, thought it said "why do the stones cry out?".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit