would reading "Crisis of Conscience" be of help?

by Shadow1 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Shadow1
    Shadow1

Would reading "Cof C" be of help to an atheist, married to a JW? Still trying to figure things out with my wife and her religion.

Thanks...Shadow1

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

It will give some insight into how the religions is run like a business, and the hypocrisy and cynicism of the leaders; it shows the witch hunt used to oust the author from the inner circle.

As insight into how this can't be God's one true religion on Earth, it's useful; but it will be staunchly ignored by the committed or brainwashed...

My hopes for a brighter future... -Void

• Gopher
    Gopher

It may help you. She likely wouldn't read much of it.

The author has a lot of really good inside information about how the WT Society operates, and some of it is mind-blowing (especially to those of us who had been in for so long). The author believes in general Christianity and in his books wants to steer people that way. Even with that bias, the book is a good read for anyone who wants the inside scoop, and to compare how JW's operate with how the Bible says a church should operate.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Well if you leave it on the coffee table, she just might get a wee bit curious. Worth a try!

And my 2 cents if you read it you will (see/read) first hand how manipulated we were.

Hope4Others

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Read Stephen Hassan's book "Combatting cult mind control".

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

You know when we were kids we liked to have a gang and I don't mean a street gang I mean secret seven type club.Well when some people grow up they still like to run a gang but for adults .Well Crisis of Conscience tells you about the adult gang and how they behave as well as lots of other interesting pieces of info on the JW cult .I think the book gives a brilliant insight into the machinations of the barmy army.I wish I had that book forty years ago.

• Borgia
    Borgia

COC clearly indicates that Jdubs are captives of a concept. If, after reading around this board, you still need more confirmation on that, I would most definitely recommend it.

Cheers

Borgia

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

To gain insight on the egregore that is the WTBTS, it could help you.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Would reading "Cof C" be of help to an atheist, married to a JW? Still trying to figure things out with my wife and her religion.

Thanks...Shadow1

I would deffinitely recommend it. You will probably find some amunition. You will better understand the enemy, or your adversary.

• llbh
    llbh

I thought it was a very well written book with suprisingly little angst. You may not get everything but you should enjoy

Regards

David

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit