would reading "Crisis of Conscience" be of help?

by Shadow1 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Shadow1
    Shadow1

thanks all...in the process now of downloading "Crisis of Conscience"

Shadow1

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What might help is showing the believer how the organization is run. They pretend to use the Bible and go by it.

There are two weaknesses that the Watchtower Society is trying to patch up. First, they are basing their religion on a Bible that is full of non sequiturs and bad teachings. Second, they claim the religion to be based on it, and then they are blatantly falling short. Crisis of Conscience focuses heavily on the second--Raymond Franz actually does go by the Bible, and tried to correct the Watchtower Society's failure to go by the Bible.

If you are already an atheist, and wish to help someone out of the tower, you might still benefit from the Crisis of Conscience book. It will tell you how the religion is a total scam. The Watchtower Society has killed people with the blood ban, the Malawi party card issue, and the resistance to integrate change that brings it in compliance with the Bible that they claim to follow. People's lives have been ruined by teachings that have no basis in scripture. So, yes you could still benefit by reading it (even if you do not believe in the Bible and have no intention of following the Bible).

I myself use both approaches to trash the Watchtower Society. I make no claim to follow the Bible, but I know enough of the Bible to see that the Watchtower Society is not following it either. The difference: They are scamming people into thinking they are alone in following it. And they make rules that are found nowhere in the Bible, and using out of context scripture to back them up. Crisis of Conscience does a good job at exposing that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit