Bird Owners: Avian Roll Call

by RAYZORBLADE 34 Replies latest social family

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I have a couple chickens in the freezer if that counts. They're all in bits and pieces though.

Kwin

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Casper: I've had him for 3 years, and yeah he says quite a few things like "hello baby, what a cutie, pretty birdie, *wolf whistle*, *calling-the-dog-whistle*, step up", and he laughs and also makes a sound like water being poured.

Your Amazon looks nice from what I can see in that picture :P

kwin: lol. Sometimes I put by bird in a cooking pot and put the lid on and tell him I'm going to make "caique stew". He loves small dark places so he thinks it's hilarious.l

• Casper
    Casper

Awwww Doomvoyager....

He sounds sooo adorable..!!!! They are such "Clowns"... my amazon laughs also, just cracks me up. I am so happy for you that you have found such a wonderful friend...

Ps... if you click on the pics they enlarge...

Cas

• flowerfreaks2
    flowerfreaks2

We have a Red Bellied Parrot who is 7 1/2 years old.

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

I absolutely love birds. I've always had budgies. So lovable and comical. Thier names are Twitter and Sweetpea. The two of them hang out all day on top of their cage and play. Their door is never closed except at night when I cover them. We used to have an awesome Greater Sulfured Cockatoo, who was a total member of the family when the kids were growing up. He even went in the pool and swam like a duck with his wings extended! His name was Paco. He finally got so spoiled and demanding and loud because of all the attention and time he had with us. We used to have the bookstudy in our house and he would sit in his cage in the dining room and was acutally quiet while everyone was in the other room. When he got so demanding after 2 years my hubby had to sell him back to the breeder so he would get a good home. It was so sad to lose him. During that time we also had a rosebreast cockatoo named Rosie, and 2 love birds who would all sit with the Cockatoo on a perch together. They were a funny group! My little love bird was a yellow peach faced and he lived to be 18 years old. I was so sad to lose him.

Shana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit