Regarding "The End Is So Close" Thread

by senora 24 Replies latest jw friends

• kifoy
    kifoy

I just felt like quoting the Watchtower, August 15 1968, p 500:

35 One thing is absolutely certain, Bible chronology reinforced with fulfilled Bible prophecy shows that six thousand years of man’s existence will soon be up, yes, within this generation! (Matt. 24:34) This is, therefore, no time to be indifferent and complacent. This is not the time to be toying with the words of Jesus that “concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.” (Matt. 24:36) To the contrary, it is a time when one should be keenly aware that the end of this system of things is rapidly coming to its violent end. Make no mistake, it is sufficient that the Father himself knows both the “day and hour”!

(My emphasis) I say no more...

• Mary
    Mary
    Jeffreywhat said: Some of the elders are really pushing this idea and some have backed it up in my area by selling houses and pioneering.

LMAO!! Didn't these turkeys learn anything from the '75 fiasco??

km 5/74 p. 3 How Are You Using Your Life? Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world’s end.

'The End' is always 'right around the corner'. That's the very foundation of this religion. Without it, the whole thing would fall to pieces. I wonder how many of the brothers who sold their homes and businesses just before '75 still think it was a good move. I'm guessing none of them do. It's incredible that people are still falling for this crap.

• Maddie
    Maddie

I have heard my DIL saying this a few times lately, so it does seem that the JW's are being indoctrinated with this again - to keep them from thinking of leaving obviously.

Maddie

• rmt1
    rmt1

There should be some kind of elaborate nomenclature for the phenomenon of generational memory, expressed in terms of Sine, Cosine, amplitude, resonant frequency, damped and driven oscillations.

The generation that was young and impressionable to take such actions in '75 essentially hooked themselves into the organization. The lucky ones were able to unhook themselves and get out after the storm passed. The point here is that the WTS at that time needed to perform quick-wristed jerk on the pole to get the hook up through the fish's mouth. You can't just let the fish snif, lick, eat and get away- they needed decisive action to impale or imbarb as many rank-and-file as they could, so there'd be some for the lean times.

Shift one generation ahead (generation of those young and impressionable enough to take such actions now as done in 75), and amplify it with driven ocsillation/ jerk the pole, and they'll have a good catch of hooked, barbed, caught, stuck and YOUNG (precious, Gollum) rank-and-file for the lean times.

It's not about what's going to happen, it's about what resources will be left when it doesn't happen. Good fishers of men in Brooklyn.

• uninformed
    uninformed

good quote, I just wanted to highlight a sentence in your quote:

I just felt like quoting the Watchtower, August 15 1968, p 500:
    35 One thing is absolutely certain, Bible chronology reinforced with fulfilled Bible prophecy shows that six thousand years of man’s existence will soon be up, yes, within this generation!
    (Matt. 24:34) This is, therefore, no time to be indifferent and complacent. This is not the time to be toying with the words of Jesus that “concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.” (Matt. 24:36) To the contrary, it is a time when one should be keenly aware that the end of this system of things is rapidly coming to its violent end. Make no mistake, it is sufficient that the Father himself knows both the “day and hour”!
    (My emphasis) I say no more...

One thing is absolutely certain: They can't find their ass with both hands. Brant

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit