Regarding "The End Is So Close" Thread

by senora 24 Replies latest jw friends

• senora
    senora

I just had another take on that thread, so I decided to start a new one.

I've been going to the meetings off and on lately, so for the ones of you who haven't been in a while, you would not believe how much the the borg is constantly repeating that phrase over and over again. its like they are trying to spook everyone out. so everyone is constantly saying that phrase over and over, and I mean EVERYONE. They repeat it over and over like robots or parrots. Everyone seems so terrified.

Now, what I want to know is..... what exact proof is there that makes them feel that the end is so extremely iminent? That's what I feel like shouting whey they say..... its right around the corner. Did something happen that now makes the GB tell the elders, CO's and DO's to relay this information to the rank & file in a vigorous, earnest manner? Did an angel fly down from heaven perhaps tell the GB this information all of a sudden??? Remember when Jesus said re: the distruction of Jerusalem "when you catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation and jerusalem is surrounded by encamped armies, flee to the mountains"? Remember that?? Well did something like that happened? I mean, am I missing something here, like did some big world event, that I didn't hear about, happen to cause the GB to send out this warning like the angels told Lot 'flee now cause fire & sulfer is about to come down?' Because I watch the news and I haven't heard about any poignient sign that would give the GB any reason to act like "hey everyone!!! the end is NOW super, duper, duper near around the corner"!!!! What is going on?, is this, another propaganda, cry wolf scare? So, for all of you out there with family still in the borg, you are going to start hearing that phrase a whole lot more.

It seems to me like the borg is trying to scare everyone into staying in, maybe, I really don't know but what I do know is that I've never seen anything like it in all my close to 30 years in the borg, its like I'm in 'night of the living dead' where the zombies just repeat over and over 'the end is so close', 'the end is so close.' And I have to admit, I kinda feel sorry for certain ones who are so nice and yet so trusting of the borg, it makes me feel sad for them because their hopes are so high and their lives are so hard and miserable because of the yoke of slave labor they're subjected to. so so sad.

Ahhh I feel better, just had to vent.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Ya, suck to be them... ofcourse they are 100% free to leave any time they want, so its kinda hard for me to feel sorry for em.

• FairMind
    FairMind

Even if I was not a Bible believer I know enough to say that the party is almost over. Please consider the information at this link. http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/ Take your time it is a long read and has links within to establish that it is not just some nut case yelling that the sky is falling. Think deep and hard about the implication of what is said.

God Bless.

• Quentin
    Quentin

There has to be a "push"...only thing the jw's have to keep folks yoked...the end draws ever near...their 100 year chant...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Frankly, they don't know what else to say. That's pretty much the level of stagnation in the organization. Take what isn't really working very well, and do more of it.

• Quentin
  • jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

I agree with Billy.

I am in and have been saying on various posts that there is a very strong whisper campaign at the moment.

Some of the elders are really pushing this idea and some have backed it up in my area by selling houses and pioneering.

I have also mentioned some months back that the society is going to change so much that "if you cant handle change you wont hang around".

Most of Jesus illustrations are being changed and alot of the prophetic understanding are becoming less specific and more literal which suggests to me a major change at the base of the eschatological tree.

They are pushing three things, fear, guilt and absolute obedience. i.e we should preach more otherwise we will be blood guilty and fear in that terrible things are going to happen and if we are obedient to the FDS we will die.

Where is this headed? People are really buying into this wholesale.

Is it to counteract the fact that by changing the generation to the anointed, losing 1935 and "all these things" no longer applying to 1914 the end seems to be further off? Also, the cry of peace and security may already have happened or maybe wont be a big deal.

If we take away these dates, we are left with none. All we are waiting for is the King of the North and the UN to attack us.

This is the new "carrot" and it is based on fear, at any point it could happen.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

It was just around the corner when Jesus walked the earth too........

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Anyone remember the dodos from the animation "Ice Age"?

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

oops double post

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit