My mother told me today that the end is so close

by TooBad TooSad 27 Replies latest jw friends

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Flipper,your tale is exactly the same as mine..Tough one,no?Cause,like ,you dont really want them to realize that their whole life and all of the awful decisions they made regarding their family was based on a sham.but,we really dont want to hear the incessant 'end is near' stuff either..catch 22 ,my friend,catch 22...

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I read a thread a qwhile back and someone said they were telling about how the public talk was cut to half an hour and the wt and asleep! mags being reformatted were signs of the end being right now. Someone asked where in Matthew or anywhere in the Bible it says those are signs! LOL

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

aquuian.mel...that was pretty funny. I wish I could call my dad and say something like that.

welcome to the board.

lisa

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I have often entertained myself imagining that I could say to my mum: "No, you're going to grow old, and then you're going to die," just as a minor payback for the games the family plays. It isn't worth it though - it would just hurt and confuse her. She's too committed to having god solve all of her problems to survive the exit emotionally.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Just nod and say in your most sincere voice - "It's never been closer"

• White Dove
    White Dove

Missing link,

The PO in my last congregation looks just like your avatar. He's human but behaves less so. Anyone in my cong. would recognize him in your avatar and laugh at what his picture was made into. I got a big kick out of this.

• ibme
    ibme

Welcome

Aqaurian.me!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Yea, right. It is closer today than ever, like it was in 1874. Like in 1878. Like in 1914. Like in 1925. Like in 1941. Like in 1975. And, it is getting closer--however, that doesn't mean it will actually come.

How can that be possible? That's why they want you to forget about math. Freshman algebra will teach you how to graph simple equations and functions. The simplest I can come up with is Y=1/X. As X gets bigger, Y gets closer to zero. It can be extremely close, and will always be getting closer. But, no matter how long you let it run, it will never reach zero. Due to the limitations of computers, you will eventually get an underflow condition that will return zero as an answer, but you will never truly reach zero. If you are confused, that may well be because you fell asleep during freshman algebra because you were too tired from staying up at the Circus Meeting the night before.

Likewise, you will never see Armageddon actually come through. It will be close, it will always get closer. But, no matter how long it runs, it will never actually come.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit