My mother told me today that the end is so close

by TooBad TooSad 27 Replies latest jw friends

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

She has been a faithful JW for over 50 years. She was taught that the end was coming in the late 50's.

Today she said that the terrible conditions in the world today prove that the end is near. I told her that I

think that conditions in the world were a lot worse during WW1 and WW2 and it looks like things

are getting better not worse when you compare the war times to todays conditions. I also told her that

she promised me that I would not graduate from High School 45 years ago. Her come back was well

just think how much closer we are now compared to then.

TBTS

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

I thought I was the only one with a Mom like yours. My Mom was in for over 50 years and the past few years she kept doing nothing but watching the news and gleefully going on about the End being Near, It was so depressing. I hated to have the TV on around her because she turned on the news and looked for the most negative things on it, She was happy they were happening. I couldn't reason with her. Its so frustrating. I know how you feel. My Mom passed away in Oct 06 and I miss her dearly, I just wish she could have been in a more positive religion

Like you she told me the end was coming when I was a little girl and forced me to be a pioneer and to quit school at 16. The end is still not here grrrrrrrrrrrrrr what a waste.

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

Sadly,as we know that's the standard JW response..."just a little bit closer".Well, just tell the next person who says such a thing that you're building a stairway to the heavens and when they tell you you'll never get there just say: "Well, each step is a step closer, isn't it ? " A step closer to nothing, is still a step closer to nothing.

• aqaurian.mel
    aqaurian.mel

In yet another short battle with my father this morning, I asked him how he was going to be able to live after armegeddon with all the dead bodies laying around. He basically said that it would smell really bad for a few months and thankfully he lives in a rural area and not a city where the bodies would be piled so high. He has 3 new bible studies and is extremely self righteous these days so there is no talking to him about anything....so I politley asked him if he and my mom would consider finding the bodies of myself and my two year old son and to please bury us so the carrion crows don't eat our sinful bodies! mel

• Maddie
    Maddie

Yes its so close - just round the corner.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Ha...Sounds like my sister and thats all she talks about. Whatever I mention, it doesn't matter because the end is so close. Its gotten to the point that I almost don't want to talk with her. I try to be patient and talk around the nonsense.

• flipper
    flipper

TOO BAD TOO SAD- I know how you feel having parents like this. My mom and dad have been witnesses since 1951 - and although my mom doesn't mention it much , my dad , an elder 82 years old occasionally drops in to me with , well you know the ends getting closer. They want it to come so bad that any little thing on the news makes them say it ! When I told my dad that there have been reports of Sasquatch or Bigfoot sightings he said, " It just proves we are getting really close to armageddon ! " And I'm like ??????? What ???? It truly is sad they are hoping on a pipe dream

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Welcome to the board aquarian.mel.

hello Mr. flipper!

Fortunately, I am not close to any of my dub family. So, I don't have to listen to that crap any longer.

NMG

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Too bad Soo sad,

and did you say, "i've never heard THAT before."

So sad when people are so busy trying to predict the end,

that they fail to see all the endings and beginnings happening

at every moment.

• ninja
    ninja

say to her...of course I know it's very close....Charles taze russell told us that....and judge rutherford and nathan knorr...and freddy franz....and..............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit