Street Corner Witness

by Poztate 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

street corner witnessing is a joke. wt zombies just stand there and hold a craptower over their chest. talk to next to no one and count time. that's all till I show up. I enguage the j dub standing at the train station and make them work. till they give up and leave. last week i had the un happy pleasure of having to go to the county court house. as fate would have it, the clerk told me my paper work would not be finished till after lunch. so i had an hour and a half to kill, thinking I would be bored and pissed off. not the case. I went into the FOOD COURT across from the county seat. and low and behold a dozen or so j'dub's working the lunch crowd. with 2 tables fulled with every wt tract you could think of. I was really thinking about pizza for lunch . but since kentucky fried chicken was right next to were the jw's set up shop , I got a taste for chicken while waiting on line for over 5 minutes i watched the jw's talk to no one. So i sat right at their table 2 piece greasy chicken and all and went to work. I wasted no time and sat next to the so called looking elder. and started asking him and the jw's if they follow only the BIBLE? This was fun as he would not answer the question honestly for 5 minutes. I started off by telling him he's dishonest just based on his answers. they haven't figured me out yet (thinking I'm some kind of fundy). and he was going to out talk me. I grabed his NWT. AND STARTED reading verses fron jn.about how you have to be born again. and believe in CHRIST as lord and savior means you will lived for ever.( all the time i'M wiping the chicken grease from my fingers all over his NWT.) LOL I'M HAVING FUN. SO THE JW tries to make a big deal about how jehovah sent his son. and starts rambling on and on about the name JEHOVAH. ( THE party is over and i put him i his place about the word JEHOVAH AND HOW SOME CATHOLIC MONK CAME UP WITH THE WORK 700 YEARS AGO UNDER THE ORDERS OF THE POPE TO DISPROVE YEHWAH AND ALLAH) these jw's still don't get it. I start asking about A RED LETTER BIBLE and who is speaking in the red letters. it took 7 of them 3 minutes to figure it out. and the youngest one there was over 50 yrs's old. I'm still chicken greasing up his NWT. WHEN I switch to the MEMORIAL. AND START READING john; 6;49-70 and i stop ever time JESUS say's IF ANY ONE EATS THE BREAD HE WILL LIVE FOR EVER AND THE PERSON THAT DON'T EAT THE BREAD AND WINE HAS NO LIFE IN HIMSELF. ( I EVEN GET OUT MY PEN AND UNDERLINE THE WORD ANYONE IN HIS NWT EVERY TIME IT COMES UP) AND ASK HIM to follow along with jesus and I show it to all the j dub's sitting there over and over. well they all rejected jesus' words. and pulled their NWT OUT OF MY HANDS. I made a big deal about how they follow a the teaching of men a reject jesus. at this point the pompus elder went over and got the security to throw me out of the food court. No luck the managment seems to know they sit there every day. and a little lesson about from me to the managment about what they really teach . and the jw's were getting asked to leave if they could not disrupt paying customers like me. I'm only telling 15 minutes of a story that went on for an hour and a half. THE NEXT HOUR WENT LIKE THe jw's just standing there peddling their tracts that next to no one wanted . and me EXPOSINGS ONE FALSE WT TEACHING AFTER AN OTHER. TILL THE JW'S LEFT. I'LL JUST SAY IT WAS THE BEST LUNCH I'VE HAD IN YEARS... it was like taking candy from a room ful of babies. john

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

the reason i didn't post last week about my account at the food court with the jw's. Is I figured no one here would get it . and I was right, glad I didn't type out the whole story and waist my time. john

• bite me
    bite me

The mormons on the corner took over. That's why you don't see the JW much, if any, anymore.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I was a "regular" auxiliary pioneer for about 2 1/2 years (auxillary pioneered every month).

The street work thing was the only thing that got me through it. Since I worked full time, I would do a full weekend usually at the beginning of the month, about 25 hours in some cases, and get over half of the time in the first weekend.

I'd start about 5 am on Saturday morning, go till about 10pm, and then do 10 hours or so on Sunday and only stop for the meeting.

It was just a matter of finding a comfortable bench near the train station!

Rub a Dub

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Believe it or not, I have seen a few JWs standing in front of our eastend Toronto subway stations.

Saw them at: Main Street, Donlands and Broadview.

Not recently, but over the last several months.

I remember doing similarly; I recall some interesting comments from many passer-bys.

But the part I like best, is me not having to do that crap anymore.

Phew!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit