Street Corner Witness

by Poztate 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Poztate
    Poztate

Has it come to an end ?? For many years in my small quiet community the main street was filled with faithful (dubs) putting in their time on the street but no longer..

They would stand for hour after hour with the mags rarely making eye contact and more interested in talking to their companion...but the time still added up.

I remember as a young newlywed getting up at 5:30 on a Saturday morning so we could start street corner work at 7:00 in a seedy part of a big city we then lived in.

We then rushed for the group effort at 9:15 and didn't complete our morning until 12:00 I am sure god was pleased with our efforts..

How is the street corner work doing in your part of the world now ?? Is it dying out ??

• ninja
    ninja

nope they just get up at 3am till 4am now....the zealous swines that they are

• llbh
    llbh

Hey ninja that is just so they can count time and not talk to anyone Regards your suvern frend Davve boy

• ninja
    ninja

you're so right davyboy....your northern friend......craigyboy....he he

• Poztate
    Poztate

OH...Jeeezz I hate zealots.... I get to sleep in on the weekends now....

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Street corner work is very popular here. You just have to catch them before they
    go to the coffee shop for a break. In the winter, the break is sometimes half the
    time they spend out- 20 minutes in the cold, 10 minutes in the break, repeat.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    In the winter, the break is sometimes half the
    time they spend out- 20 minutes in the cold, 10 minutes in the break, repeat.

NUTS.... Now that I know how the system really worked it is too late...

• kwr
    kwr

I remember a street witnessing British JW Girl in Bad Kissengen Germany back in the 1980's. Man was she beautiful.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

We have them around here, too. They will stand downtown in the public markets, which open as early as 6 in the morning. That at least keeps them out of the Main Street area while the public markets are open.

I have also seen those cockroaches in store parking lots. Usually, anyone going into Wal-Mart before 9:00 is likely to run into one of them on the way in or out of the store. They even approach people getting out of cars (it's a wonder that none of the drivers will drive into them). The grocery stores that are open 24 hours are also likely to attract the witlesses--unless you are lucky enough to have a Publix, Wegmans, or Raley's (they have better security than some of the other stores, making them more likely to get kicked out of the parking lot).

The ultimate joke: Once I went with a group that went into a bookstore. The object was to find everyone that came into the store for books, and hit them with crapts. I really enjoyed that day: I was spending my time browsing through books and avoiding customers. I placed nothing that day, but I did manage to make a return visit (to buy a book).

• ramtrucker
    ramtrucker

Last time I remember seeing someone out on the street with the magazines, was back in the late 1980s.

She was getting up in years at the time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit