Looking back on old photos I saw Me on my last Xmas as a child

by Velvetann 16 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

awww, that's cute. I don't even like to look at our photo albums lately, just reminds of life pre jw, what life used to be like like, too sad.

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Ninja my Dad was born in Scotland, I haven't been there. Hope you are doing ok saw your post today.

in the first photo.....what one are you velvy?

I guess you are teasing me right? I am the big Doll, with the dark hair LOL Here is two more of that same day alt

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

that's the best pic!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

It is sad for all of the children born or drug into the cult. But take heart; more leave than stay with the JW's. This year I'm celebrating Easter with a few relatives who have successfully faded but shall remain nameless lest they get df'd for coming to my house for a pagan celebration!

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Velvetann....... you went to assemblies with a pirate!

How cool is that!

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Velvetann, that first photo is priceless.

Growing up, I never really felt that I missed out on anything regarding holidays, birthdays etc.

But now i have a three year old, and it is so much fun on her birthday and christmas, I just love seeing her get soooo excited.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Adorable photo. You do look excited. I love the wide-eyed innocence of children. I raised my children without holidays, but "created" some of our own. We had regular occassions where we exchanged gifts, had special foods and family time together.

I think the important thing is to create family traditions and togetherness. If I could go back, I would use the holidays to add to that. Growing up is hard enough without making a child an outcast by teaching them all the holidays are somehow evil.

Most of my children are still dubs and say they missed out on nothing. Wish I knew how to get through to them. As a fader, I can't even celebrate holidays openly. The control of the cult runs very deep. You can say I am a chicken, but I love my children too much to lose contact with them. They know I don't believe it, but don't want to talk about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit