Oh no.....

by ex-nj-jw 20 Replies latest jw friends

• DJK
    DJK
    you know how guys are when they are sick.

Not this guy.

I had the flu from Thanksgiving till the second week of January. I never complained.

When I finally went to the doctor she was amazed I stood it for as long as I did. Because it was too long, I had to take a horse sized antibiotic for three weeks.

• BFD
    BFD

Get well soon, love. And if Richard C. gives you a hard time just cover your ears and say lalalalalalalalalalala

BFD

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

DJK - you are rare then. In my house (all males except me) they whine like little babies. He's called me 4 times to say "I don't feel good", what can I take. I told him to take a nap and leave me alone I'm the one at work, sheesh! and cranky!

Anyway, I'll pump the whole family, minus the dog with vit. C, juices and soup. Hopefully they won't bother me because all I want to do is lay down and sleep.

I'm glad you are feeling better.

nj

• DJK
    DJK

I couldn't edit my post to add this.

I hope you get over the flu quicker than I did.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

"you know how guys are when they are sick."

O.K. exNJ, lets see if HE posts it on JWD! ;)

Actually I got a cold last night and now I've got a runny nose and headache. And I'm all alone because the kids are at school and my wife is working at the hospital.
    Anyway, I have to be near death to go to the doctor.

And what about my wife ? She makes the kids get injections for diseases they don't even have !

• Cellist
    Cellist

You have my complete sympathy.

I thought I was getting a cold or the flu. But it didn't quite progress like it should have, so on Wed. I had it checked out and I have strep throat. I guess one of the patients that coughed on me must have had it. Otherwise, I don't know how I got it.

Anyway, like you, I'm completely miserable.

Cellist

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Having the flu sucks!!

We both know we nurses are the worst patients! (exept for docs!)

I hope you get to feeling better!!

shelle

sick

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

I've had it for weeks! It's very disruptive and I'm just so sick and tired of feeling this badly!

The last I checked, several worse strains than normal of the flu are widespread in all contiguous states except Florida!

Don't take it lightly! Get thee to bed, and I hope you feel better ASAP!

• Kinjiro
    Kinjiro

I have an old Caribbean remedy for you... Lemon Juice, Honey and Rum.... it might not cure the flu but it will sure make you forget all about it!!!!

Get well soon

• loosie
    loosie

We just got over the stomach flu here at my house. YUCK

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit