Are you going to celebrate Easter?

by real one 32 Replies latest jw friends

• real one
    real one

Easter is coming soon and I am so excited! I have not celebrated Easter in over 17 years. What a relief to be able to enjoy the worship of Jesus and to be so grateful and thankful for His sacrafice. No more sitting around waiting to see who will partake of the bread and wine. I will be sharing in this glorious event.

How about you? Will you celebrate this festive occasion?

• Gopher
    Gopher

I have no plans to do it. I mainly celebrate the 4th of July, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

But happy Easter to you!

• 5go
    5go

I have no plans to do it. I mainly celebrate the 4th of July, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

But happy Easter to you!

Only by accident. I agree the only holidays I would bother with would be winter solstice (or japanses christmas as I like to call it), 5th of May, 4th of July, and Thanksgiving.

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

Even though i am not a witness, it is hard for me to celebrate religious holidays.

I do not feel God would like me celebrating some of these events. Personal choice on my part.

I do the 4th, memorial day and the like. It is usually just a nice family outing.

birthday's and anniversaries are done as well.

happy easter 2 u!!!!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I go ALL OUT for every holiday; decorate the yard, bake, cook a big meal and buy gifts for every occasion. I will even put an Easter basket together for my 57-year old husband and my step-grandkids. Life is short--have as much fun as you can!

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I'm going to go to mass at St. Patty's in NYC. With my brother and his gay friends.

momz

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Nah, but I hope you have fun at your celebration!

• Grammy
    Grammy

I will be celebrating Easter with and for my two great grandchildren, not as a religious holiday but a good old pagan egg dying and hiding/hunting easter egg type holiday....absolutely nothing to do with the bible what so ever.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

I'll probably be consuming about 50 Cadbury eggs w/in the next 2 months, but other than that, it's just another day for me.

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old. THEY will be egg hunting, but I would no say we are celebrating the actual holiday per se.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit