Coincidences....

by hillary_step 45 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

I love a good coincidence. It is the closest I get to the supernatural these days. ;)

How about this one.

A couple of days ago I was working from my home office and while doing so was listening to a BBC Radio 7 re-run of the 1960's radio comedy, "I Am Sorry I Will Read That Again", with John Cleese etc. Part of this show had one sketch that revolved around a 'Sir John Leslie', an incompetent musical composer.

Just as I was listening to this, I was sorting mail going back three years which sits on my desk in piles, and I managed to drop a bundle on the floor. The first sheet that I picked up happened to be sent by a John Leslie, who also happens to be a musician.

I need to hear some more coincidences, that I may worship at the twisted altar of the Quantum Fisik and be saved. I will mark them from 1-10 dependent on the 'wow' factor involved. ;)

HS

• wings
    wings

This morning early I went outside to enjoy the morning sounds of spring. As I was trying to figure out how a cloud formation could look like a wave going back on the beach, I heard the sound of geese coming up from the south. As they flew over me, flying low mind you, they formed a perfect V. AND, like there could be more, no poop! That has got to mean something.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Hello HS

As I must have told already, I have been reading C.G. Jung's interesting autobiography lately (in French "Ma vie", a series of interviews and texts collected by Aniéla Jaffé) and he mentions a number of such coincidences he calls "synchronisms" or "synchronicities" (mostly about the death or tragic events happening to relatives and acquaintances) and explains (?) as "a-causal relationships" within the sphere of his "collective unconscious" transcending individual borders. Although I'm not too favorably inclined toward Jung's psychological theses in general, it's a great read.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings Sir Step,

While my trite episode can rate little more than a 2 or 3 on your Step-Scale, I was, nevertheless, shaken by the imponderable juxtaposing of events and circumstances that led to this rarest of moments.

Minding my own business and seeking little more than corporeal stimulation as I set about to undertake my routine morning constitutional, I took the road less travelled that particular day. There is no explanation as to why I should have chosen that path as it proved an arduous climb that nearly collapsed my one remaining lung. Additionally, I am a creature of habit and take not to a break in tradition with any keenness whatsoever. Anyhow, I eventually levelled out, allowed myself a so-called breather, and headed ineluctably west.

Ambling along, no haste in my step, I passed homes not totally unfamiliar to me yet ones that rang no bell for me. Until, of course, there it stood - this most wondrous of domiciles, an edifice whose windows I had washed years and years before. For, you see, I am a window washer, a most noble of professions.

"Ah, Mrs. Pendergast! I wonder how the old darling is ... it's been eons!", I exclaimed, eyes trained toward the structure, mind going back to when last we had chatted over my callous indifference toward WINDEX.

Why, I shall never know, the thought crowding out all others was that Mrs. Pendergast resembled the famous Galen Hurley Brown. After an indeterminate trance-like state of mind snapped shut, I gathered myself together and recommenced my saunter. Moving away from the apron upon which I had been glued, I glanced casually at the clutch of letter boxes perched aslant the lane. I goggled as my head boggled ...

There, identifying one of the boxes was the name ...

Hurley ...

CoCo

• journey-on
    journey-on

First off, answer one question for me without prejudice. Is there any part (however slight) that gives you pause

to wonder if there might be something in signs, symbols, and coincidences in your life that "whisper" something

meaningful to you. In other words, is your mind totally closed to the possibility that certain signs appear in your

life for a reason?

• Open mind
    Open mind

A local JW woman's car (a gift from a sympathetic benefactor) was on it's last legs. Literally falling apart. Adhesive tape was used on some parts of it.

She prayed to Jehovah for help finding suitable transport. (This is a person who believes that anything good that happens is from Jehovah and anything bad is from Da Debil.)

Miraculously a new sucker, err, sympathetic benefactor, err, enabler, gives her a new (10 yr old) vehicle.

Coincidence? Just human kindness?

No way. Clearly divine intervention.

9? 10?

OM

• ninja
    ninja

hey hilly...you said..."Just as I was listening to this, I was sorting mail going back three years which sits on my desk in piles"...........well what a coincidence.....only this morning...."I was sitting on MY desk with piles".....bloody haemorrhoids

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Everyday for a month when you go to work you find 11 cents, 1 dime & 1 penny not 9 cents not a quarter but 1 dime 1 penny each and everyday what are the chances of that? And not in

same place and there is no possibility any one could of put this in any of these places. hmmmm

Hope4Others

• Casper
    Casper

Living out in the country...one morning I looked out the back window and saw a yellow balloon on a string, attached to something on the ground. I went out to see what it was.

The attachment was a card that said it was from an Elementary School, that had released one hundred balloons, a week prior, from Southern Oklahoma. Amazing that one had landed in our field in Indiana, so far away...

The coincidence... 3 weeks later, my then husband, finds out we are to be stationed in Southern Oklahoma (USAF)... where he died 3 months later...

Cas

• ninja
    ninja

and the moral of the story is.....if you see a yellow balloon while with casper....leave well alone

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit