Anyone ever see these before?? JW albums

by noni1974 26 Replies latest jw friends

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

WOW! What a blast from the past eh. Yes our family had those also whilst I was wee young lad. I'll bet they still have them packed up somewhere.

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

I have the complete set of albums that my congregation up north used for about 100 years. I saved them in the original box. I forgot that I had them until I saw this post. I think I'll sell mine on Ebay, too.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I had completely forgotten them. Don't remember what happened to them that I had, probably left them with my ex-JW wife when I moved out.

Ken P.

• liberatedwoman
    liberatedwoman

I am embarrased to admit that we borrowed the entire set, and a record player, from a pioneer sister and her elder husband, so that we could have "uplifting" music playing at our first birth (at home) in 1975. My most vivid memory is of starting to push accompanied by the strains of "Now's the Time" - we didn't plan it, just happened LOL!

After all was done and we were alone with our new baby girl, ex-DH played "We thank you Jehovah".

Honestly, it is amazing to me that I was such an idiot for so long...................

Lynne

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

We had those, too, growing up. Our congregation used them when we didn't have a piano player!!

Here's a *puke alert* site with more "theocratic tunes"!!

http://www.newworldsongs.com/index.html

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I have one of those! I bought mine for $1 at a thrift store. The singing on them is terrible.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

My mom had them all. One of the first things I did after she died last year was throw them in the garbage.

W

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I never knew the "Sing Praises" collection was released on LP. Buy now, and the money will be donated to the World Wide Work!

http://cgi.ebay.com/WATCHTOWER-SING-PRAISES-TO-JEHOVAH-COMPLETE-SET-LPS_W0QQitemZ150219826057QQihZ005QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• WTWizard
  • Kinjiro
    Kinjiro

I remember as a teenager, a group of us got together and re-recorded some of the songs to a more modern beat without being sacrilegous (spellin)... at a CO gathering (you know the kiss-ass session after the sunday talk) we decided that we would 'honor' the idiot's presence by playing them for him... 'LO AND BEHOLD.. I LOOKED AND SAW... the CO got up, insulted us all...reamed the elders for allowing such blasfemous behavior... and left without eating...

Next thing you know.. we were all summoned to the 'cold room' (every KH has one hehe), imagine the rest...

So seeing that picture of the albums brings memories... memories of the beginning of the end for me as another dumb drone...

Several years later... my brother who is still in da chet told me about a presentation/enactment they made at the circuit assembley where a group of young brother and sisters got together played and sang the songs on STAGE using modern rythms...

!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit