When you were an active JW, what did you pray for?

by JH 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Grammy
    Grammy
    prayer was difficult. I went for long periods without praying and feeling guilty about it. I just couldn't pray. I tried to make myself do it, but couldn't. Much later I realized it was because I just plain didn't believe in god. But it took a long time for me to admit that to myself.

DITTO what Hortensia said!

• yknot
    yknot

At bedtime I said the "Lord's Prayer' and added to it. In the Daytime I would just randomly pray for forgiveness, needs, concerns or guidance. Still pray the same way now.

• esw1966
    esw1966

I always thanked God for the life I was given and prayed that despite my sin that he would show kindness to me and grant me life.

He answered it! I got kicked out of jw against my desire and found it to be deficient! I found Christianity, love, life, and grace!

• Xrati
    Xrati

I prayed that the JW lass (a dentist) I was wooing would finally say yes. She didn't. Thank heavens, for years later I would leave the org.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I remember when I was young asking for a good life. And then I asked god to show me the truth.

I've had a pretty good life.

I saw that the troof wasnt the truth.

I pretty much conclude that no one really knows the answers to the big questions about life. Where we came from and where we are going.

Truth is where you find it. Day to day minute by minute.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit