When you were an active JW, what did you pray for?

by JH 24 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

No matter if God granted what you asked or not, what did you pray for ?

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Usually 'the Organization'! Heaven forbid, if you prayed for an individual.

Outaservice

• White Dove
    White Dove

I prayed to love people like Jesus loved them. I wanted to be more like him in my attitude toward others, and that included non-JW's when I prayed for that while still in. I hated the judgmental attitudes of those around me and decided that change needed to start with me. Me was the only one that I could control, so it made sense.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

I don't even remember anymore. Hallelujah!

• thepackage
    thepackage

When i beleieved it was the truth, i would pray for my "wordly family" to accept the truth. Sounds really dumb now to me but back then i really beleievd it.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I usually prayed for wisdom and God gave it to me.

Got me out of the Borg

• serendipity
    serendipity

I prayed for lots of things, including the motivation to go in service, make all meetings and do personal study. I also prayed for love.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

I used to pray that they would announce the complete fulfilment of Matthew 24:14 at the next meeting ... and cancel all field circus thereafter.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

prayer was difficult. I went for long periods without praying and feeling guilty about it. I just couldn't pray. I tried to make myself do it, but couldn't. Much later I realized it was because I just plain didn't believe in god. But it took a long time for me to admit that to myself.

• StAnn
    StAnn

As a JW, I only prayed at meal times, and even those were lame prayers. Prayer and worship are anathema to a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit