Please, please, please help me!

by copperbunny 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• copperbunny
    copperbunny

I'm searching for long lost family, and I am hoping someone on this blog might know them. I am looking for Fowler's from either the Kansas or Missouri areas of the US. I am willing to give first names if someone thinks they might be able to help me out. Thanks for checking!

• ninja
    ninja

I thought this was a thread about favourite beatles songs

• copperbunny
    copperbunny

What's that supposed to mean? I'm trying to be serious here, and you're joking?

• Priest73
    Priest73

Welcome aboard. But due to the nature of this board, I'm not sure folks are willing to give out personal data to new folks.

Just my two cents

• copperbunny
    copperbunny

I'm willing to have anyone that might know my family to tell them how to get in touch with me through the forum. I wouldn't want anyone to give out anything that was too revealing, personally.

• copperbunny
    copperbunny

Oh, and I can verify who I am to anyone that might be my family with a few choice q&a's.

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

#1 Ninja that was funny. #2 Priest is right. What is to say you are not a troll trawling for info to hurt or hold against someone? Seems a wee bit odorous of a cod fish on the deck in July.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

Welcome copperbunny. Don't get too discouraged. I'm sure if there are anyone here able to help you, you'll get a helpful reply eventually. But there is some truth to what has been said; we've had some problems with phony forum members before, so people here are perhaps on the cautious side.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

What resources have you tried already?

Superpages might be helpful (http://www.superpages.com/) It is BOTH a yellow pages (for finding businesses) and a white pages(for finding individuals). To get to the white pages, just click on the dark tab to the left of the "business" tab on the main page.

If you are willing to spend some money, sites like intelius (http://www.intelius.com/) or Net Detective (http://www.netdetective.com/) *might* be helpful.

We have had people with less-than-honorable intent come to this board seeking personal information. As a result, we are much less trusting now, regardless of what you say you can prove.

Good luck in your search, and try to keep a sense of humor.

• copperbunny
    copperbunny

K, so I didn't want to be a whiner with a sob story, which is why I was waiting for slightly more helpful replies before going into my full story. So since I'm being doubted here is an edited for names version of my story:

My mother and father were married when my father decided to become a JW. My mother was not interested, and told him she would not become one. He had some issues with that (violent ones), and my mother being who she is said screw you, I'm outta here.

She took me with her, and left no forwarding address for him to follow. Later she found out he got some mental health help, but still stayed away from him. She married someone else, and as I was still too young to know different, he adopted me as his own. I grew up till the age of 12 thinking he was my dad. I mostly found out because they got a divorce.

Well, lo and behold 3 years or so later, a woman shows up at our door saying she is the wife of my father, and would my mother be willing to let us talk. She said it was up to me. So I said yes. I got to know him a little, and found out that I look way too much like him (girl talking here). Also I found out I had younger siblings I knew nothing about (my Mom told me she thought he might have had one kid besides me).

Now I talked to him off and on for the next several years, I went to visit for a few days, but he was never in one place, and was always having his phone shut off. That and I am not religious at all, and didn't really understand his whole life style, or his JW raised wife. I wanted to stay closer to him, as I found we shared some of the same interests, but it just didn't work out.

Time warp 11 or 12 years now. I have been attempting to find him and my siblings, but to no avail. I have done a paid people search, which devastated me, because it says that the person with the info I knew was deceased (happened 4 years ago). So that is why I came on here, hoping against hope that someone here might have met them, or might know a way through the church that I can find my siblings, or maybe my fathers current wife, the one he was married to when I met him, died in 2000. I don't know for sure if he is even really dead, but I am afraid it is true.

So there you go. I know that it is probably a stretch, and I understand why people wouldn't trust me, but I don't know what else to do. I can't find phone numbers for my siblings, ( 2 bros, 2 sis), and I found a maybe, possible address for my "stepmom", but my siblings I know kind of drifted away from my dad for getting married so soon after their mother died, so I don't know if she owuld even have addresses to get in touch with them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit