Just got this email

by Cindi_67 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Shazard
    Shazard

Just a thought. So if JW tell this story as to "proove" they are real God's PPL then does the same applies to Catholics, Lutherans, Muslims, Hindus?

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

"My favorite religious urban legend is the bottomless spaghetti pot story." - ........go on...............:)

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Oooh - I'd not heard this one before, lol - and JWs BELIEVE it..? Lol - what struck me was the JWs displaying Christian Love by wanting to reject this 'boy' and then reluctantly taking him believing he wouldn't 'get in their way' during the day..lolol...

Bigmouth....bottomless spaghetti pot...? Go on...

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

perhaps if they gave the names of the people involve and where they lived and what congregation they went too it would be slightly more believable.

• jambon1
    jambon1

What a vile story. I mean, FFS, the child had an escape route & it got buggered up by some new JW couple. Lucky white heather or what eh? Poor sucker. As an aside, a sister asked me recently whether fostering a child would help or hinder a JW in their spiritual goals. Her answer was that it would hinder. So to hell with saving the poor buggers & giving someone a better life. It might interfere with your ministry. Such blessed reasoning!

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Angelina and Brag do it.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
  • richard
    richard

This story would probably not have been told in Holland.

Just last week, the Dutch superior court confirmed a decision by a lower court that a JW-couple could not adopt a child. The reason is the blood issue. The couple refused to sign the statement in which they agreed they would allow all accepted medical procedures to their adoptive child. No transfusion? No adoption!

• Ruth Eeker
    Ruth Eeker

I have heard this story years ago as well.

This is a classic made up story that the WT uses to keep people in.

This MUST be the "true" religion if God did that!! Come on! How can you have any doubts?! LOL

I'm sure he's in his late teens now and has searched the internet and realized the huge
    farce this religion is.
    And I'm sure since his parents are both pioneers, they probably held him back from
    everything so he's probably quite the wild child!

• Borgia
    Borgia

Richard,

I read the newspaper article about the case you mentioned. I was under the impression that the Council of State had to make a ruling, not the supreme court. Either way, I did expect a negative result for the couple due to their stance on the blood issue. I would expect them to go to the European Court to appeal to the European Human Rights in which case the compromise reached in the Bulgaria recognition case might play a role.

As towards the email, It's very old and when I heard it the first time I had to puke already. Reading the first sentence already told me what the story was about. Utter BS. It can not be confirmed in any way. Is it not peculiar that a religious society, claiming the bible to be the truth because the recorded experiences are truthful, in the sense of names, places, events,etc, do not themselves provide the true names and places in even their private (jw-only) issue of the WT?

Dishonesty: to make the intangible tangible. God answering prayers......I would suspect him to experience a backlog of some sort then.....

Cheers

Borgia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit