Preface to meeting comments, what were your LEAST faves?

by Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

They all do it. . .some of us did it. I used to think "JUST SPIT IT OUT ALREADY!!!" Those pre-comment comments like. . .

"Well, brother. . ."

"We can appreciate that. . ."

"I just wanted to add. . ."

"Like Brother Schmuck said. . ."

• Open mind
    Open mind

One of the most annoying is the canned butt-kissing of the F&D Slave.

"The Slave has wisely given us direction..."

"The John Class has been instrumental in..."

blah, blah, blah.

Most irritating when spewed from the lips of some guy trying to make MS or Elder.

OM

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

" ALSO, TOO" This one got picked up really quick and only the less educated ones carried it on.

DUH!

OMG!!!!!!!! Look at my current post number............" 666"....Gotta play that number in the lotto!!

NMG

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

"According to the F & D slave.........................."

"Wait on Jehovah for the new light"

• Tristram
    Tristram

"The paragraph brings out..." (why don't YOU bring it out of your own brain?) "In harmony with so-and so's comment..." (even when 90% of the time it had nothing to do with it.)

• flipper
    flipper

" I just want to embellish on what sister so and so said " ! LOL! Peace out,Mr. Flipper

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

"As Brother Believer brought out (along with last night's trash)..."

That's the one that makes me throw up a little every time I hear it...

• flipper
    flipper

" Not to be stealing thunder from anyone , but I feel...." Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• exwitless
    exwitless
    "The paragraph brings out..."

This was one of my least faves. However, one can hardly blame anyone for saying that, because all the WT study consists of is reading garbage and puking it back up several times per paragraph.

"To summarize what some of the others have said..." That's a comment someone gives when 5 other people have already beat the dead horse, but he/she insists on saying it too.

"And just to expound on that last comment..." (sounds intellectual; fancy word)

"It's important for JW's to remember that..."

Oh, I just remembered my favorite:

"Well, last night when I was reading and studying this, well, uh, you see, uh, the phone rang, and it was my unbelieving mother, and she asked me if I would run an errand for her, and so I says..."......ramble....ramble....ramble....blah.....nonsense....three minutes later he finally gets to the point of his answer. Usually this happened when the answer was something very simple like "God's love".

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Ya, it is always some pre-comment that is spoken to make the listeners see how much they studied and truly understand what is being discussed. jw-Speak, so that everyone can see where the jargon fits. The John Class has lovingly provided this morsel of understanding in its proper time in the same manner that jah provided manna when it was so deperately needed by the dually spiritually and physically starved Israelites.

They always sound like they sat in on and actually wrote the article. Sheesh. And nothing is funnier than watching some idiot who knows the words but not their meaning go off and babble like a moron. They get this faraway look in their eye and raise their chin ever so slightly so they look like the overlord at the assembly and then they spew nonesensical syllables that are neither cohesive nor pertinent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit