Preface to meeting comments, what were your LEAST faves?

by Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit 13 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

This used to drive me crazy , a brother or sister would comment and say, " I'll try to put the comments in my own words. " Then they'd read the entire paragraph ! Then I'd be sitting there , like, thanks for that little gem of wisdom ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• megaflower
    megaflower

"its just this system of things"

We sure need the new system

Just show love-----------that one really made me want to puke

• Guest39
    Guest39

Hey, these prefaces allowed me to ace my kiddie lit class! I disagreed with about 90% of what the prof taught, but used these prefaces to feed back what he wanted to hear. It, also, is great at b/s and w study when you feel like answering (just to keep the meeting moving) without giving your own opinion.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think some of the worst were the ones that always answered in the words of the paragraph, and took half an hour at that. And those that rambled on about personal details that have nothing to do with the paragraph, while it is getting later and later (people do have to go home sometime, you know).

I also hated the "It brought out" from the platform. That was totally meaningless--a 20 minute talk could be cut down to 15 minutes just by eliminating all those "You know's" and "It brought out's" from the talks. One hounder had a way of always making a 15 minute talk take more than 25 minutes with those "You know's" and pxxx poor fluency. He was always forgetting the names of people that he was calling on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit