Did anyone watch 60 Minutes tonight? Carl Rove should be imprisioned.

by dawg 33 Replies latest jw friends

• dawg
    dawg

OK, so we know for a fact the Bush Administration lied us into a war in which we never should have engaged. We know they fix scientific data to meet the needs of the special interest groups who make up their constituency. But did you know the Bush team, lead by Carl Rove, fixed it so a Governor would go to jail?... read this 60 minutes interview that was on tonight... I watched it and it was disturbing... if this is true, what keeps even the most ardent Republican from prosecuting this whole Administration? Not just for their role in destroying this man's life (apparently only Rove was involved in this), but for the all the lives this Administration has destroyed? This Administration is evil, plain and simply evil. http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/60minutes/main3415.shtml

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Cue Simon.................

• sweetface2233
  • wednesday
    wednesday

dawg

I'm all for finding a short rope and tall tree ( messed up my example te he) for the bad guys, but come on- Carl rove and compared to some of the known things the Clinton's have done?

come on

• dawg
    dawg

Wednesday, please start your own thread about the crimes of the Clinton's.. I suggest you document what your saying but that's your thread, do what you want... this thread is about Carl Rove's involvement with the prosecution of an innocent man who was running for office as the Governor of Alabama's. It is not my position to defend wrongdoing of any kind, Clinton wrongdoing or any other. Start your own thread, back it up with evidence that's been proven, and then I'll respond... thanks

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

In a way, this thing is even more disturbing than when a minority, or some other extremely poor marginalized person, is dealt with unfairly by the justice system in that this is out and out, in your face, political persecution; fascism. If it can happen to someone like Don Siegelman, it can happen to any American.

The politicization of the justice dept by the Republican Bush administration is one of their most detestable crimes. No wonder that 44 former State Attorneys General wrote a letter to Congress asking them to investigate the Siegleman prosecution.

• kwr
    kwr

Why didn't you put this article in politics? BTW it is Karl Rove.

• dinah
    dinah

Dawg,

This whole situation is political posturing for power. Living in Alabama, I watched this whole thing from start to finish. We all know Governor Riley is a big Bush supporter. He worked hard to get Bush re-elected. It's funny to me that the American public will turn a blind eye to justice being perverted.

Seigleman had momentum in the race that Riley defeated him in. The only reason Seigleman's lottery didn't pass is because all the Baptists got their dicks in a knot about gambling. The baptists and other fundie bible thumpers are the reason the Republican party is so strong here. It's also what holds Alabama back from joining the 20th century. (Yes, I know this is the 21st century--that's just how far behind we are, folks.)

Politics in Alabama makes me really hate religion and churches. I have that opinion because it is the religious right wing that got Bush elected also.

• wednesday
    wednesday

Dinah

i have to agree with you on the religious right. I am a republican , but i dislike the religious right very much. we are ruled by the Baptists here too. sigh, we just got beer and wine for sale.

• dinah
    dinah

wednesday,

Be careful, once the beer and wine gets there, the devil can't be far behind.

Why can't America tell them to sit down and shut up?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit