Which meeting did you hate the most?

by lfcviking 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Room 215
    Room 215

For me, the Service Meeting, no contest; totally scripted as a rah-rah sales meeting,loaded with stale repitition of phony, unrealistic ``demonstrations" and utterly devoid of spirituality.

• jacethespace
    jacethespace

Thats an easy question- It was the thursday ministry drooool meeting.It was the most boring meeting on the planet and probably still is which is why although ive been back to a few meetings the past year or so ive not been to a minstry meeting in about 2 years or more.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The one I thought was worst was the Theocraptic Misery "School(??)". I hated getting talks--not because of being nervous speaking before an audience, but because I always got talks that could be thrown back in my face later.

Even when I didn't have a talk, it was drudgery. Often they would split the "school(??)", and it was the same book study groups that went together. I hated it when I got dragged to the second "school(??)", since that disrupted my chances of getting a nice little nap. At least there would be a decent chance that I would miss the Kingdumb Malady.

Circus meetings were a bit better, sometimes. I liked it when they announced someone was disfellowshipped. Often they had local needs, and I would hope it was something about setting fires in the bathrooms or graffiti. Or, when they read the accounts and they were spending more money than they were taking in, and had less than $500 left in the congregation account (and yet they still managed to send something to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund).

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

any meeting that was on Sunday through Saturday

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Often they had local needs, and I would hope it was something about setting fires in the bathrooms or graffiti.

LOL! WTWzard, you never fail to deliver.

Sylvia

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

Thurs. night without a doubt. For my last 4 years in the Borg I was RARELY at a Tues. night meeting (book study). I lived about 25 minutes from the hall and couldn't justify driving 50 total minutes for about 40 - 45 minutes worth of meeting, plus I was JUST THERE on Sunday!!!! The book study was worthless, I gave MANY AWFUL prayers at book studies when I was younger Dub.

Sunday was tolerable for me, because all my family would be there, and we'd normally go out for dinner afterwards, the speakers were generally terrible though, but I answered alot during the WT study, and made sure I covered it all in a very concise manner so no one else could possibly answer.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

I hated em all, the congregation book study is at best extremely boring, lets read revelation and find out that everything written in it is about the nerds in crooklyn. Give me a break they get the deer in the headlights look whenever you bring something up about what they are saying and show it to be impossible or not true or the real purpose of it. (i.e. Millions Now Living Will Never Die) then they try to quickly change the subject.

Wt recitals very boring, same ole comments from the same ole people who havent reasoned anything out in years.

Thursday night mtg TMS was a joke. the sales meeting is only that regardless of what they would like to think.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

The school and service meeting. That was one I faded out first.

Hope4Others

• flipper
    flipper

All of them. I didn't play favorites- hated them all with equal vigor ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• HSS1971
    HSS1971

The school and service meetings were like a horse tranquilizer. Geez I never been so bored in my life. The only thing that made thursday night meeting bearable was scoping the sexy sisters on the platform and hoping to get a panty peek which was rare. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit